Chapter 6: A Much Needed Talk

(Alex POV)

Holy shit. I mean... shit really? My life can not get any weirder can it? After our encounter with Tyrian, Qrow, I, and the rest of the team set up camp outside of Oniyuri where Qrow began to tell us what was going on. And it was kinda hard to believe, but hey I share my brain with a psychopath who has been around for years apparently so anything's possible I guess.

We were all sitting around the fireplace sitting on logs, I was sitting with Jaune, Qrow and Ruby had their own logs while Ren and Nora sat together on one log. Qrow just finished telling us the truth about fairy tales being real and how the Maidens work exactly. Life right now is starting to feel like a fairytale, without the happily ever after.

All of us were sitting down in silence with most of us contemplating what Qrow said who was drinking liquor from his flask. "You know at the rate you're going you have a higher chance of dying from liver poisoning than the actual poison." I said to the man making him put his flask down then giving me a 'you should talk' look on his face.

He then turned to the others to seem them all deep in thought. "Really? No questions?" Qrow asked. "Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in." Jaune said. "Yeah, in his defense you just told us the stories our parents told us before going to bed are real." I said.

Ruby then began to speak up drawing our attention to her. "So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need dust to use magic." Ruby said, trying to summarize what we just heard. "Yeah." Qrow said. "And there are four of them?" Nora asked. "Yup. Always." Qrow said. "Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they cared about?" Ren asked.

"Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option is someone we can trust." Qrow said. "Let me guess, instead we got someone who is the exact opposite of that." I said. "Yeah, regardless, their souls become combined, in a way." Qrow said.

"And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha... the night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them." Jaune said, glaring at Ruby's uncle. "Jaune please... I'm sure they did it for a reason, otherwise they wouldn't do it." I said.

I looked at Qrow to see he had his elbows on his legs looking into the flames of the fire. "The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know is Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well." Qrow said. "So you forced it on Pyrrha." Jaune said, looking angry at the man.

I huffed hearing this as I looked to Jaune softly glaring at him. "Jaune, he just helped save us from Tyrian, could you lay off him?" I asked. "We could have handled him." Jaune said, directing his anger at me now. "Yeah because standing there was really helping, how about we actually hear all the story before we accuse him of something alright?!" I asked, sounding a little mad.

Jaune then scooted away from me a bit looking a little scared now as I sighed and looked back at Qrow. "We didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her the choice, and she chose. You were there, you heard her." Qrow said. Jaune hangs his head for a brief moment before getting up and walking several feet away from the group with us just watching him go.

"That guy, Tyrian, why was he after me and Alex?" Ruby asked. Qrow sighed hearing this and looked to Ruby. "Well, you definitely painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you having silver eyes is a rare trait along with having one silver eye. And the fact that you were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. Those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. And as for why he was after Alex well, I think you can already understand considering what you saw her do earlier today. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you in order to make sure you were safe. All of you." Qrow said.