Chapter 41

-------------------> LATER THAT NIGHT DURING THEIR PATROLS, Lucius and Lyra were quite confused upon hearing lots of whispering and footsteps but not actually seeing anybody

-------------------> LATER THAT NIGHT DURING THEIR PATROLS, Lucius and Lyra were quite confused upon hearing lots of whispering and footsteps but not actually seeing anybody. It was just when they were about to dismiss the noises as being done by a ghost, did Lyra remember about a certain family heirloom of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter and did all the sounds come to a screeching halt as they rounded the corridor.

"Bloody hell, it's Lyra!" They heard the space of air scream with a frightened undertone in a very familiar voice, prompting Lucius and Lyra to share an amused glance.

"Ssh, you idiot. Are you really going to shout it out so loudly?!" Another familiar voice yelled.

"Guys," A relatively unknown voice whispered heatedly. "The prefects are literally right in front of us. I'm pretty sure they could hear us even if we whisper. So please, SHUT UP!" Another voice exclaimed irritatedly.

"Oh no," Lyra said, turning to face Lucius the very next second. "It seems that I had been temporarily hit with a muffling curse, making me unable to hear any noise whatsoever from the past few minutes."

"Yes, I was hit by that as well," Lucius said loudly.

"I sincerely hope that if there were anybody out of bed, they didn't evade us and take the next corridor, considering that there are Ravenclaw prefects patrolling that area. And I certainly hope that they didn't go through the curtain towards my right where there is a direct passage to the Gryffindor Common Room which would allow them to successfully evade all the prefects." Lyra said loudly to Lucius, who nodded.

"I hope so too, Lyra. And I also dearly hope that the ones who are seen outside of their curfew do not learn the silencing charm or the shadow paralysis charm, which would allow their footsteps, shadows and sounds to be undetected."

A sound of footsteps was heard soon after, along with the opening and closing of a curtain.

"Thank you!" A mixture combining the voice of Sirius and James chorused.

"If anyone hypothetically had chosen to express their gratitude to me at this moment, I would tell them to go to sleep because it's late and your very welcome!" Lyra yelled back, waiting until the pitter-patter of footsteps along the secret hallway had muted before the King and Queen continued walking.

"Your brothers need to learn the art of subtlety," Lucius commented dryly.

Lyra sighed sadly. "They are a lost cause, I'm afraid; and if Bellatrix is to be believed, so am I."

Lucius chuckled before switching the topic to be about one of the Slytherin alumni who had recently gained a Mastery in Ancient Runes.

------> 0o0 <------

After giving Lucius a goodnight kiss and exchanging pleasantries, Lyra was just about to go into her room when she saw the shadow of a person walking in the Slytherin Common Room. She pursed her lips for a second before she realised exactly who the shadow belonged to and thus, followed it as the shadow moved along one of the many abandoned, empty hallways located inside the Slytherin Common Room.