Harry hates the other counselors and Y/N is optimistic part 2

ii.

Psst.

Harry was typically a heavy sleeper. When he was younger his mum used to joke that he could sleep through an earthquake-induced tsunami if someone allowed him to. An alarm would have to be pretty loud to stir him from his slumber, and unless he was on edge, a mere call of his name would not drag him from whatever dreamland he'd submerged himself within.

Psst.

There had only been two things before that could notably wake him. His mum, who was the sweetest person on this planet yet managed to be the cruelest being on earth when he needed to be up for something, and his childhood cat Molly, who sits on his chest and makes it hard to breathe (which, from what he's learned, encourages his brain to panic and wake him up so he could fix it). Other than that, he was blissfully unaware of the world for hours at a time.

Yet, there was something stirring him now. A low sound that puzzles him as he toes the line between consciousness and his dreams, aware of the blankets that cover him but still dancing on a stage with his limbs thrashing wildly and people shouting his name.

Psst.

Was it an insect? Maybe he was performing outside then – a crowd of thousands in an outdoor field to see him for... .what was it that he did again?

Psst.

Oh, he's dreaming, isn't he? How deep in his dream is he? He thinks this is the first time he's ever been asleep and realized that he was asleep...he could probably conjure something up, right? Manifest something that he's always wanted, try his hand in lucid dreaming. If only he could focus apart from the insect zipping past his eardrum.

Harry, please wake up, we're being haunted – or murdered, or something.

Harry's eyelids flutter like swallowtail wings, his gaze blurry and unfocused as he comes to. He's confused, piecing together the puzzle that always presents to him when he's just woken up and has to readjust to the world around him. The whole process of it took nothing more than 10 seconds, maybe 15 if he's really out of it, but that's only because thoughts run through his mind at a hundred miles a minute.

What time is it? The room around him his pitch-black apart from a very small amount of light illuminating beneath the curtain covering the window he's beneath, so it couldn't be morning. Potentially early morning, but he would say that would be 3-4 AM. Did he need to be up? He didn't think so, actually, because there's no alarm buzzing him awake and as far as he's concerned, he hadn't signed up for any early morning shifts at the bookstore as of late. The last time he went in at 5 to open up shop while the owner was on vacation and Harry was more or less ran down by a mother raccoon when he'd stumbled upon her babies after getting out of his car – Harry had been reluctant to go before sunrise since.

Where was he? He knows he's not at home, that's for sure. The sheets smell like him but not him enough to be at his own place – and the bedding isn't as soft either. He knows he hasn't passed out at someone's house because he only does that if the person is close enough to him that he would recognize their scent, or if he was too drunk to get home, but that was usually accompanied by a wicked headache and a sour stomach. No, where he was smelled like wood and generic fabric softener. There was an air conditioning unit that rattled and rumbled from where it was fixed to the wall, he felt a tension in his neck that he only experienced at one place and, yeah, he was at the camp.

He was at camp, in a cabin with Y/N, who slept with the lamp on because she hated the dark, was the owner of the voice that had woken him up in the inky black room.