Foreword

H E L L O!

Welcome to The Fire We Started. I am so happy to have you here!

This story is a sequel to It Burns Within Us. You'll want to read that first before diving in here.

(And it's gonna be a deep dive.)

****

The Fire We Started is a contemporary romance that follows the journey of Bren & Madie, two college students who have been a little beaten down by the world but are burning and yearning to rise above it all. And they are learning how to do it together.

Like its predecessor, The Fire We Started will be MATURE & EMOTIONAL. This is your warning that it will include sexually explicit content, violence, mentions of abuse, and mental health topics. But if you handled It Burns Within Us just fine, you should be set to go!

It's Bren & Madie. You should know what to expect.

Well, I mean, you never know...

****

For the past three years, Bren Hadaway has been preparing to die.

When he was sixteen, he watched his dad murder his mom. And ever since, he's been counting down the days until it was his turn to be at the end of a gun. And Bren has never really cared. His hellish childhood combined with his learning disability have instilled in him the idea that having a real future was never in his cards.

Until now.

Bren spent his first semester of college falling in love with the one girl he'd do anything to live for. He relived his past, fought his demons, and gave up on his own goals--all so he could help Madie Lenertz escape her abusive boyfriend.

But now Bren has no choice but to find his dad so he can quit looking over his shoulder. So he can stop waiting to die. Because suddenly the only thing in the world that Bren Hadaway wants is a future. And he wants it with her.

****

More details to come on when chapters will be begin to be released.

But you can add it to your libraries, now!

For updates on my writing, follow my on IG: @cocoandamelie

Lots of edits and aesthetics for It Burns Within Us// Bren & Madie are posted there! (I'm super lucky to have talented friends!) But the quote on this one is perfect for the beginning of this story, so thank you Scintillahx !

🖤
I appreciate each and every one of you!! Thank you so much for reading!!
xoxo amelie