Chapter 2

A/N: Before anything else, a big thank you to potaeto-peel for making the new book cover of this fanfic. It is very beautiful. Check out her other works too, they're all great❤️
--

You woke up and you were blinded by the sunlight piercing through the curtains. You rubbed your eyes and heard a loud thump coming from downstairs.

You went downstairs and saw a pile of clothes. Those clothes weren't yours.

"Choi Beomgyu!"you yelled. Soon, you heard a laughter. He showed up after hiding behind your kitchen counter.

"What do you think you're doing?"you asked, crossing your arms.

"To make your day a happy day"

"This is how you do it? Why didn't you tell me you're coming?"you scoffed. He took his clothes and arranged them, thankfully.

"Surprise?"he smiled mischievously.

"Now clean that mess you made or else I won't give you your allowance"you smirked. He pouted and stomped his feet on his way to clean his mess.

You're glad that it's Saturday today which means no work for tomorrow! Your shift is on Thursday to Saturday. Your best friend who also lives near here, Jisoo, is the one who takes the shift from Monday to Wednesday.

You went to your kitchen and decided to cook bacon for both of you. You were sure he didn't have breakfast yet.

~timeskip~

You both ate in silence, enjoying the food.

"How's school going?"you asked.

"I got accepted in the guitar club"he replied before drinking a cup of milk.

"That's great! You're very talented, you deserve that"you complimented.

After eating, he insisted to wash the dishes so you let him. You turned the tv on and watched the weather broadcast.

"Today is gonna be a sunny day! Prepare your tank tops and sunscreens. Make sure to drink water so that you won't be dehydrated. Rain is going to be impossible for today"

"Is it hot outside?"you asked Beomgyu.

"I was dying out there. The heat was too much, I kinda wished it would rain but it seems so impossible"he said. Out of curiosity, you opened your window and stuck your head out.

The sun is scorching. You feel like you're gonna burn but isn't it the best time to go on the seashore?

You wore your sandals and tied your hair into a bun.

"You're going out? Believe me, you can't stand it"he asserted. You shrugged and just went to the balcony.

I'm just gonna enjoy the fresh air here.

You checked the time and it's 9:30am.

Shoot! You forgot you have work today. You quickly put on your uniform and ran towards your door.

"Noona, I'm going now"

"I'm going to work now too. I'm late"
He laughed at you. He walked out of the small house first before you so that you could lock the door.

"Call me when you visit next time, okay?"you ruffled his hair.

"I will. Aren't you gonna say something to mom?"he asked.

"U-uh..tell her I said hi"you quietly say as you scratched your neck.
He nodded.

"I'll go now. Have fun in school!"you said before running towards the restaurant.

You went through the back door and panted, catching your breathe. You placed your bag on the locker.

Why did I have to forget?

"Why are you late?"you heard Hoseok ask behind you.

"I'm sorry. My brother came home and I didn't notice the time"you answered.

"You're lucky that we didn't open yet. Hurry up to the cashier"he commanded.

"Yes. I'm sorry once again"you bowed to him before putting on your apron and heading to the cashier.

~timeskip~

You wiped the tables while Hoseok arranged the chairs. One more table left.

"Remember our deal yesterday?"he teased.

"Yes, I know~ I'll take out the garbage today"you rolled your eyes making him laugh.

"What was that about earlier by the way?"he asked.

Something happened earlier. You accidentally spilled a coffee on your customer then she started to complain and told you that you have to pay for her expensive dress. You bowed at her and then her eyes suddenly widened as if she was scared. She told you it was okay and apologized for complaining.

Did she do that because she saw the necklace?

"I don't know either"you said and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm going now. See you on Thursday"he smiled and waved at you before leaving.

You placed your apron at the staff's room before carrying the garbage bag and heading outside.

Ugh..this is heavy.

You were  kinda wobbly while walking but you could handle it. You walked towards the dumpster and threw the garbage bag there with all your might.

Finally!

You clapped and was about to go back inside but you noticed something from the sea. There was a huge ripple in the middle.

What the hell is that?

A mermaid? Psh, they're not real.

Even though you love beaches, you don't believe in such creatures. It's probably a huge fish or something.

You went back inside and closed all the lights and locked the doors before heading home.

You reached home and took a shower. The weather was no joke. You decided to hang out in the balcony. You sat on the chair and admired the moon.

This would be a perfect time to have a cold chocolate drink since it's very hot. You went to the kitchen and prepared the drink.

You went back to your balcony with a glass of chocolate drink. You were excited to stare at the moon but you furrowed your eyebrows because of what you saw.

The moon can't be seen anymore. The sky is now filled up with dark clouds. How did it happen so fast? You just went inside for a while and now you see this?
This is no fun!

You sat on my bedroom, drinking the chocolate drink.

I could have enjoyed this watching the stars. You thought as you frowned, feeling annoyed.

You suddenly heard a loud snap followed by a continuous rumbling. Soon, rain poured down. Not just a normal rain but a heavy rain accompanied with thunder and lightning.

Didn't the weather forecaster say that rain is impossible for today and now there's a thunderstorm going on? Seriously?

I guess I'm gonna spend the night under my blankets.

A/N:
Hi everyone~ Thanks for reading this chapter and I hope you look forward for the next ones. I will make sure to update tomorrow. Don't forget to vote!
Stay safe❤️❤️