Chapter 59: Crossroads

Chapter 59:

"Yes."

Kei gawked up at Mizuki, his heart thrashing around in his chest viciously.

Yes?

She grinned, tears streaming down her face as she stated, "Yes... A thousand times yes!"

"Wh-" Kei began, only to be disrupted by Mizuki throwing her arms around him.

"I will marry you!" Mizuki exclaimed elatedly, embracing him tightly.

Kei froze in shock, his mind buzzing and bumbling with exhilaration - she said... yes?

"You... will?" He asked in disbelief.

"YES!" She repeated ecstatically.

Kei took a few seconds to recollect his overwhelming, jumbled up thoughts - she said yes. He looped his arms around her waist and laughed as he twirled her elatedly. He could hear her sniffling due to her crying, and this time, he didn't mind seeing or hearing her cry. After placing her down, they let go of each other as he gently slid the ring on her ring finger.

"It's beautiful, Kei..." Mizuki murmured, staring at her shimmering engagement ring in amazement.

"I thought that you'd like this one the best..." He revealed, trying his best to remain as cool as possible.

"I love it!" She laughed cheerfully, "And, I love you!"

Mizuki grazed her lips against his, her heart fluttering thunderously. She felt like she was about to explode into a million pieces. She really didn't expect him to propose, at all. This was undoubtedly the best day of her entire life.

Kei lifted her up, deepening their amorous kiss, as he carried her onto the bed. He tenderly placed her down and pressed himself on top of her warm, irresistible body. He broke off their kiss to say one last thing before their intimate, romantic night together to celebrate their engagement.

"I love you, to the moon and back."

The next morning, Mizuki woke up to Kei sleeping soundly beside her. She gazed adoringly at his cute, tired face, imagining her future with him... as Tsukishima Mizuki. She was going to wake up beside him, every morning, and she would see him every night, right before she went to sleep. She smiled, ecstatic to start the new chapter of her life with him. Mizuki quietly grabbed her phone from the wooden nightstand beside her. She had to tell someone - anyone - about her engagement! She slipped on her ring and took a picture, admiring it. She was just about to send the picture on the group chat with Rina and Mina when suddenly, a notification popped up, intriguing her. She pressed on the email and read it meticulously.

Dear Toma Mizuki,

Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that I offer you admission to the University of São Paulo.

Your thoughtful application and remarkable accomplishments convinced us that you have the intellectual capability, imagination, and talent to flourish at the University of São Paulo. Among the over 15,000 applicants we carefully read, your distinguished records of academic proficiency, individual achievements, outstanding extracurriculars, and personal recommendations by our faculty and its students stood out. We are thrilled to welcome you to the community and look forward to the unique and exemplary contributions we know you will make here on campus.

We are also pleased to announce that your application for a full scholarship has been accepted, contingent upon your decision to join the University of São Paulo women's volleyball team.