22. Day Six

When I woke up I was in my room. Except I didn't remember getting to my room. The last thing I remembered was watching a movie and dozing off, which meant....

With a gasp I sat up in bed, looking at the door to my room as if it was a magic eight ball that would tell me the correct answer. Even though I already knew the answer. It had to be Maddox. He carried me to bed. There was no other explanation, unless I'd picked up sleep walking during the quarantine.

And even if I had, that wouldn't have even been the weirdest thing to happen over the past six days.

Letting out a sigh, I buried my face in my hands trying not to let my mind wander. Things were becoming increasingly more complicated. I missed the days when I could just go to class, come home, and then just repeat the next day.

My life was so simple. Med school was going great. Maddox absolutely repulsed me and the steady stream of girls walking through our apartment was a constant reminder that he was, in fact, an animal.

Fast forward a few days and I was finding stuff out about him that I didn't really want to know. I was able to relate to him more than I expected. Noticing he was actually pretty smart when he wasn't playing dumb. And now? Now, he was even acting like a nice guy.

He was the worst. My mind was a mess. I couldn't wait for this quarantine to be over.

Maybe I should start looking for a new apartment?

The thought made my heart tighten but as soon as it occurred to me, I realized that it was probably true. How were we supposed to go back to how things were before? It had only been six days and so much had changed already — we weren't even at the halfway point. 

Would this weird attraction I was feeling disappear once the lockdown was over? Would my hormones stop acting like I was still in puberty around him? As an aspiring med student, it was beyond frustrating that I had no answers.

After about half an hour, I decided it was time to face the music.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and....

Silence.

I peeked out of my room and saw that there was no Maddox anywhere in the apartment. Glancing at his closed door, I frowned. It was past eleven already, he was usually awake. Then again, who knew how late he went to sleep?

My cheeks flushed at the memory of last night and how close we were. Pressing my hands against my cheeks I hurried into the kitchen, eager for a strong cup of coffee.

It was now four PM and Maddox still hadn't left his room

It was now four PM and Maddox still hadn't left his room. Not even to use the bathroom. Not that I would ever admit it but I was starting to get worried. Really worried.

What if he wasn't even in his room? Would he really break the quarantine? Did he go hook up with a girl?

My thoughts raced a hundred miles an hour, making my mood darken with every second. Another thirty minutes passed and I basically had smoke coming out of my ears.