NINETEEN

THIRD PERSON.

Walking into a crowded bar in a town that wasn't located on the map, Corbyn walked closely behind the girl, his hands on her shoulders as they made their way to the bartender, giving him a small smile.

"Corbyn the people look scary.." Kai whispered as Corbyn shrugged slightly despite how terrified he also seemed to be, but yet still standing beside a man much taller than him.

"Are you old enough to be in here?"

"Probably not." Corbyn replied, taking a big gulp before looking at the bartender, "What town are we in?"

"Ashwell," he replied, furrowing his eyes as he glanced at the girl to Corbyn's right, "Are you two travelling together?"

"We ran away," Kai nodded, before her eyes wielded and she covered her mouth, "Don't tell Jason."

"I'm Jason." Some guy said, giving Kai a smile as she looked at him, slowly nodding.

"Who you on the run from?"

"Do you know who he is?" Kai asked the bartender, pointing at Corbyn, "Do you recognise him?"

"I've never seen either of you two in my life." He said as Kai nodded.

"Ok well, pretty much everyone." Corbyn told him.

"What crime did you do?" Someone asked from the side of them, "I murdered six people."

"I robbed gucci."

"What's gucci-"

"Oh I escaped a mental hospital," A girl nodded, wrapping each arm around the two at the bar, "If you're on the run from everyone you must've done something."

"We actually just ran away for a month or two," Corbyn shrugged, "We don't like home life."

"Oh." Jason said, "So who is the Jason that is looking for you?"

"Her dad.."

"My dad's called Jason." Jason smiled, "He died though."

"Ok, well." The bartender sighed, pouring the two some drinks, "You can stay here if you want for a while, as long as you aren't out to snitch on us."

"No, no no." Kai shook her head before they were both handed alcoholic drinks, the girl slowly looking up at Corbyn, "I don't-"

"I'll keep you safe," he nodded, pushing his drink away.

Throughout the night, the pair quickly got to know everyone in the vintage bar and as the time reached 9pm, Kai seemed to be heavily under the influence, making friends with almost everyone as Corbyn kept a close eye on her.

Corbyn himself had made some friends, but as his main focus for the night was making sure Kai was safe, he didn't have much time to get lost in a deep conversation.

"Point your feet inwards," Mark said as the girl looked at him confused before moving her feet as he told her to, "And then cross your ankles and spin."

"Wayy too dizzy." She shook her head, bursting into laughter and falling onto the floor, sitting cross legged when a few of the guys came to sit with her.

Not even two minutes later, the four of the sat on the floor in a circle began to sing at the top of their lungs, all super off key and laughing through it yet somehow still getting the rest of the bar to join in.

"You're dating her?!" Someone asked, looking at Corbyn as he glanced at Kai before giving them a small nod.

"She's usually sober," he laughed, "And a lot more sane."

"How old are you both? Neither of you look old enough to drink."

"She's 18 and I'm 21 in 3 days." Corbyn told the guy as he nodded.

Walking over to Corbyn, Kai had a smile on her face as he handed the girl a glass of water, which she quickly pushed away before sitting on his lap and wrapping her arms around him.

"Have some water," He said, handing it to her again.

"You're super blurry." Kai told him, grabbing a hold of his face, "It's hurting my eyes."

"Kaiii," He said, trying to laugh as she rolled her eyes and took the glass of water, having a few sips, "Are you ready to go yet?"

"No way," She shook her head, handing him the glass before getting back up and heading back over to her small group of new friends.

Shaking his head, he let out a small laugh before looking out of the window, noticing blue lights begin to show up from a distance as the guy next to him noticed to.

"Oh shoot, they don't usually come down here," The guy said, "They gave up on finding us, we all did our crimes over 15 years ago. They're probably looking for you."

"Oh shi- Kai." Corbyn got up, heading into the crowd of people to find the girl, a look of worry showing on his face as he grabbed the girls hand, "We need to go."

"Why?" She frowned as he nodded towards the blue nights outside, the girls eyes widening before they were both directed to the back exit just as the door to the bar burst open.

Rushing out of the bar through the back door, Corbyn opened the car door for the girl and helped her in, putting her seatbelt on for her before he got in the car himself, his hands slightly shaking from the small amount of panic in him.

With Kai drunk in the passenger seat, she looked out the window and waved goodbye to the building, a frown on her face as Corbyn sped off down the empty road, glancing at Kai.

"We'll go back at some point." He told her, giving her a small smile.

"The world is so fun." She said through a laugh, "I'm never going back to Lakeside."

He laughed slightly before his smile dropped, moving his gaze back to the road as a wave of guilt came over him, knowing he had to take her back at some point.

a/n

this chapter was so fun to write pls