Epilogue

-the Minister of Magic.

TEN YEARS LATER:

TEN YEARS LATER:

----------------------> "WAIT," RITA SKEETER STARTED, eyes frantically moving between their intertwined fingers where a large identical diamond ring was located on both their left-hand ring fingers. "Both of you are married?"

"Yes," "Of course!"

"... And you both are running for the post of the Minister of Magic?" She asked, bewildered. "Against each other?"

"Yes." "Of course!"

Rita's head tilted as she observed them carefully. "...Why?"

"Why not?" Artemis retorted. "Just because we both have been sweethearts since school, love each other completely and have even been married for three years, it does not mean that we both share the same opinions on everything." She paused. "Or anything, really."

Tom nodded. "The two of us have our own views on how our wonderful country should be governed-"

"-Like mine are the good ones and his are the bad ones-"

"-and so we are trying to implement them by way of running for the office." He finished, ignoring the input by his lovely wife.

"Although," Artemis began. "Can I just express my doubts regarding my fellow candidate? I mean, no offence and all, but if an amazing baby such as my nephew James starts crying the second he is passed on to Tom, how are we expecting him to handle the country when he can't even handle a baby?" She asked pointedly. "Babies can sense those kinds of things, you know."

Tom rolled his eyes, turning to the eager reporter. "My opponents' accusations is invalid considering James hadn't been fed for quite a while and he was hungry when he had been passed to me."

Artemis waved him off. "Excuses, excuses! We'll be hearing much more of them at regular intervals if you elect him of all people to such a distinguished post such as the Minister of Magic."

And before Tom could come up with a snarky retort, Rita interrupted. "If I may, how do we know that any of you would do a good job? I mean, you are husband and wife. What if the two of you are being soft on each other?"

Tom and Artemis shared a look before simultaneously bursting out with laughter.

"Trust me, Miss Skeeter, when I say that the two of us will never go soft on each other," Artemis replied, grinning widely.

"Exactly," Tom agreed. "We both are professional nitpickers. Believe me when I say that we will criticise each other on everything."

Artemis nodded to his comment. "Plus, if one of us does something that the other even thinks is wrong, I can assure you that we'll never let the other hear the end of it."

"-And if it's humiliating in any way, then we will never let the other live it down," Tom vowed with a smirk.

"And that," Artemis stated. "Is why you should vote for me for Minister of Magic."

Tom shot her a look. "And also-"

Artemis abruptly stood up. "Oh no, would you look at the time! It's already time for dinner. I'm sure you must be very hungry, Miss Skeeter. Let's all have dinner together, but please, no work-talk from any of us. Merlin knows we do enough of it in the remaining hours of the day. Missy, show Miss Skeeter to the dining room." She spoke quickly and by the time Rita's mind was given an opportunity to process everything, she was already seated in the dining room.

Tom glared at his wife. "I hate you." He stated and despite the words, a small smile could be seen at the corner of his lips.

Artemis laughed, kissing his cheek. "I loathe you as well, Riddle-Who-Can't-Answer-A-Riddle." She said, making him give her a full-blown smile. "And if you hate me now, you are going to detest me when I win the Minister of Magic elections this year."

Tom scoffed. "Bold of you to assume you will win."

"Even more bold of you to assume that I won't." She grinned, as they headed to the dining room. "Especially since I have the most famous Quidditch player in history and the most highly demanded historian as my promoters."

Tom just shook his head. "You need street smarts to be a politician Artemis, something you lack."

"The only thing lacking is your morals, my muse." Artemis retorted. "I happen to be excellent at being cunning and ambitious."

"Did you really just mention the two qualities associated with Slytherin in front of a Slytherin and claim to be more Slytherin than that?" Tom said with raised eyebrows. "That's daring of you."

"Not daring, but very witty." Artemis corrected.

"It's bold."

"Stop giving me Gryffindor qualities."

"Sweetie, just because I name a few Gryffindor qualities does not make you a lion," Tom said. "After all, one could not dare accuse you of being chivalrous or brave in any way."

"Hey!" Artemis exclaimed. "I am brave." She protested.

"You ran away from a cockroach." He said pointedly.

"It's a cockroach," Artemis emphasised. "Anybody sane would run away from it."

"I didn't."

"I mentioned the word 'sane' didn't I?" She asked rhetorically.

"Ouch," Tom said dryly. "No one could also ever accuse you of being sensitive."

"Of course they wouldn't, considering that that title in particular belongs to you," Artemis told him. "Along with titles of arrogant, evil-"

"-handsome, brilliant, genius?" Tom added with a smirk.

"-Overconfident, prideful, conceited, pretentious, snobbish," Artemis listed off without stopping. "Also, vain, narcissistic, snotty-"

"-I love you." Tom cut her off, wearing a sincere, soft smile.

Artemis gave him a lopsided grin. "I love you too."

"More than a Bulgarian Quidditch player?" 

"Don't push it," Artemis said but at his expectant look, she melted. "Oh, okay. I love you more than I love Bulgarian Quidditch players." 

"Thank you for this high honour."

"I'm glad you recognise it as such. I don't give away such praises and compliments so easily." Artemis said in a snobbish voice.

"I know," Tom said dryly, bringing her to chuckle.

A faint smirk lit up her features, brightening the twinkle in Artemis' eyes as she said. "My darling muse?" 

"Yes, my dear or?" 

"You know I want your riddle-answering skills to improve right?" Artemis asked before clearing her throat. "So here is a riddle for you. What did the baby corn say to the mama corn?" 

At his unimpressed stare, Artemis answered for him, grinning widely as she did. 

"It asked, 'Where is popcorn'. Get it?" She laughed at her own joke, prompting Tom to roll his eyes.

"It was a little too corny for my tastes, actually." 

The two shared a laugh at Tom's comment, exchanging one last lovey-dovey look with each other before stepping into the dining room and each of them chatting up the reporter while simultaneously attempting to put their spouse down.