•Chapter One• The brown eyed girl...

Luca's Pov-

Watching as the body fell to the ground, limb and cold as a puddle of fresh, red blood began to form around it. The ringing from the gun shot still echoed in my ears, this was nothing new to me.

He deserved it, the man I had just killed...he deserved that bullet to his head.

At least, that's what I tell myself.

No emotion and zero overthinking before action, those are my fathers famous words, the words he has been telling me since I was ten years old.

"sbarazzati di lui" My thick Italian accent filled the empty building. [Get rid of him]

My men instantly got to work, dragging the disgusting body away from me. He was a rapist and thought it was completely fine to kidnap and sell young children, that's why he deserved to die.

I caught him before the police could, I always do.

My phone ringing, pulled my attention away from the body that was being dragged away. Yanking it from my back pocket, I sent my men a curt nod before walking of, placing my phone to my ear as I exited the building.

"Papa?"

"Ciao, figlio" My fathers cold voice rung through the other end of the phone, instantly gaining my attention. [Hello, son]

"Is it done?" He asked me, a stern tone in his voice.

"Yes Papa. Bullet to the head, lo stronzo è morto" [The asshole is dead]

"Good, now can you come by tonight?" He questioned. I kept my phone to my ear with one hand, while the other shook my drivers hand, before hopping into the back seat of the slick black limousine.

"Not tonight Papa, I have a meeting in the Miro club remember"

"Sì, ok don't worry. Tomorrow then"

"Sì"

And with that he ended the call, no goodbye.

It didn't take long for my driver to pull up outside of my huge home, it's located in America, right in the centre of California. Security guards worked day and night, inside and outside of the mansion.

My family have been located here since I was sixteen, Papa couldn't face staying in Italy after my Mama was murdered...but that's a story for a another day.

Now age twenty seven, I am now the leader of the mafia. When my father stepped down, being the oldest and only son, I instantly had to take over. I had been training for this, pretty much my whole life.

"Sir, dinner is prepared for you, if you're ready?" My maid, Tisha called out as I slipped my jacket off. Glancing at the huge chandelier that hung in my hallway, my eyes caught back onto her.

"I won't be eating at home tonight" I told her, she quickly nodded before scurrying away.

My shoes tapped along the marble floor, as I made my way towards the long stair case. Striding up each step, I finally made it to my room. Where I pushed open the tall, white double doors and began looking through my closet.

-

"Boss" A deep voice called out as I entered the busy club. I own this place, along with a whole lot more night clubs across America, and also back home, in Italy.

The voice I recognised to be Gino's. He's like a brother to me, being in a house with only a younger sister, would get annoying sometimes, when I was young. So having Gino around was a big help, there's a ten year age gap between us...So now that I'm his boss, when he used to baby sit me, is insane.