(10) Memories

"What's wrong?" Erza asked staring at me.

"Oh...the crown prince was testing out his powers but it must've messed up on the duchess...."

"I'm pretty sure I did it right...." I heard the crown prince mumble.

"A-Anyway" I said doing the one thing I am best at, changing the subject. "You missed the part where Xaviar got jealous-"

"S-Shut up! I didn't get jealous! I just didn't want people touching my slave!" he said trying to cover the blush on his cheeks.

"Awe so cute Xaviar I didn't know you cared about me this much!" I said grabbing him and pulling him into a hug.

He didn't embrace me...but he didn't push me either!

"Maybe when the crown prince fixes his powers we try it again? I would love to help the person the Mage cares for-"

"Who said I cared for her?" Erza asked.

"Shut up jerkface, I don't care for you either" I said sticking my tongue out at him.

Her majesty giggled, but then said to us, "there's a bad storm so it must be hard for you guys to ride back...I'm sure you guys are welcome to stay in the guest rooms we have."

"Thank you queen" me and Xaviar said while Erza gave a nod.

"Erza, can I talk to you for a bit?" The queen said staring into his eyes.

Erza stayed quiet for a while, before glancing back at me and said, "you guys can head back....I'll be there soon."

We both nodded, and I grabbed Xaviars hand, asking him to guide me to the guest rooms since I have no idea where it is.

"How did you forget?" Xaviar asked, "didn't you used to live here?"

Huh? I did? "Ah well I have bad memory."

I turned my head to see both the queen and Erza staring directly at me.

I wonder what they are talking about...?
.
.
.
.
.
ERZA POV

"......What was the reason for this Erza? Why did you want me to test her? You cared for her so much you wanted to figure out what powers she had?"The queen asked.

".....I guess you can say that"

I didn't want to tell the queen that the Charlotte we know now might not be the same Charlotte. I've been observing her carefully over the past month, and it's like she's a completely different person.

Plus it's like she forgot everything, she doesn't know royal etiquette, one she was exceptional at, and doesn't remember anything important.

Ever since the day she stared at me on our wedding day I knew there was something different. And if it was a different Charlotte....then there must be a lot of explaining she needs to do.

And then....when the prince said Charlotte has no soul....It further confirms my suspicion that something is fishy, maybe.....

"Is what the prince said true?....That Charlotte has no soul?"

"Hmmm well his powers are still under construction, so his readings might be wrong. Plus that isn't possible right?"

"...right...."

Contrary to my words my head was saying a different thing.

Who is this girl that I've taken a big interest in? Is it the same Charlotte? Or a different one.

Either way...I will find out tonight...willingly or unwillingly.

[ Thank you all so much for 1k reads! <3 ]