102 | finally telling him

Elena's POV

For the following two days, Yoongi and I haven't spoken a word to each other.

The cowardly side of me, is relieved that he hasn't pushed me any further ever since but the other further emotional part of me that has a conscience has already surrendered to the fact that I am exactly what Yoongi claimed I am; a hypocrite. He's not wrong for being mad at me and for giving me the cold shoulder, while I on the other hand am busy feeling all sad and mopey about this whole situation. For some reason, this is bothering me a lot more than the Seokjin situation, but that's probably because if I actually happen to work at the Empire for him I'll only sacrifice my body and my dignity and that is something that I've sadly grown comfortable doing over the past few years.

My main concern right now is to not lose my best friend. And the only way to do that is by coming clean.

I'm planning on texting him as soon as Jungkook arrives, because apparently I've woken up late today and I'm in a rush to get ready at the moment. I shuck on a navy blue sweater and kick into a pair of gray jeans and my combat boots. A knock on the door startles me and I hurry to the kitchen to finish off the rest of my remaining chocolate filled croissant when another knock causes me to gag on my sweet.

"Just a minute!" I yell, with my mouth half full as I open the door slightly. I swallow the rest of my croissant and make my way to the bathroom without looking back. "Sorry, for being late," I say when I grab my toothbrush and squirt some toothpaste on it. "I'll just brush my teeth real quick and we can go."

"It's okay, take your time." A voice that doesn't belong to Jungkook replies swiftly. I furrow my brows and step out my bathroom while brushing my teeth only to see Yoongi sit on the arm of my sofa with his hands in his pockets. I rush back inside to spit out the foamy toothpaste and rinse my mouth then go back in the living room. I honestly didn't expect him to come to me just yet.

"Hi," I say softly.

Yoongi raises a hand to scratch his neck tentatively. "Hey, um...is Jungkook gonna pick you up?" He asks.

"He's on his way here," I tell him and he just nods. "How have you been?"

"Good," he mutters. "You?"

I shrug and take a seat across him on the coffee table. "Not so good." That seems to peak his interest because he turns to face me. "The truth is I wanted to talk to you, but I couldn't bring myself to do that."

"Why?"

"Because everything you said to me that day at Enzo's was right." I continue. "I haven't been honest with you for the longest time and I feel terrible and I'm sorry to say this but when you didn't confront me the past few days I was relieved." Yoongi's eyes slice into mine as I draw in a long breath, "I was relieved because I didn't want to upset you any further and well...I can't say that I'm eager to tell you about all the problems I'm facing at the moment."

Yoongi crosses his legs, positioning his left ankle right on top of his right knee. "In a way I can understand what you mean."

I raise a brow. "Really?"

"Yeah, I mean after I did some thinking and after a certain someone managed to put things into perspective for me, I guess that I get why you couldn't open up to me." He says and I take it that that 'certain someone' was Joy who cleared the air for him. "I'm your best friend and you wanted to keep this normalcy going on. I needed to do my part and respect your privacy."

"I'm so sorry Yoongi."I smile and for some reason the corner of my lips starts starts trembling. "But that is no excuse. You were always there for me, even in times when you weren't even aware of it. Without you, I would have collapsed a long time ago." His mouth shapes the most adorable gummy smile that always makes me grin in return. He reciprocates by wrapping his arms around me while caressing my head affectionately. When he stops doing that I detach myself from him and my gaze follows Yoongi' at the doorway where Jungkook is standing.