Chapter 37: A Ride

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
A Ride
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"I wonder if they've had their honeymoon already."

"I know right, it's been almost a week since they got together." Ari replies while licking onto her lolipop.

"Have you and Jimin done it?" Rose bluntly asks.

"Huh- jeez Rose we've been dating for four years now of course we've done it."

"So you've been lying to Y/n about being married for four years?" Rose proceeds to ask in curiosity.

Ari sighs in return. "Yeah, pretty much."

"Why not just cut the chase and come clean? I don't see any big deal, you guys are already cohabiting and are going to get married someday anyway."

"Do you think we haven't tried?? Girl- I tried to tell her sooo many times but it just kept dragging and dragging to the point that we gave up. This girl was so busy mourning about missing our non-existent wedding as soon as she got back from abroad!" Ari shakes her head. "She ignored us for a month. A month."

───── Ari's Flashback ─────

"I honestly can't believe yall didn't even tell me you guys got married." You spoke with your arms folded with a stern expression plastered over your face. "It's like I never meant anything to you." You softly mumbled while tears begen to interrupt your vision.

"Y/n, it's not like that," Jimin grabbed onto your hands as you two stood alone in the living room of Jimin and Ari's new apartment.

You pulled your nose, "You know you guys are my closest friends. I cherish you guys so much and I know this is supposed to a happy news and I should be congratulating you." You acknowledged. "But I'm a human too. I have feelings too. It just hurts that my two bestest friends who I'm ready to go against the whole world for, just made the most important decisions of their life... and they didn't even bother notify me. I felt like a nobody. I'm sure there were guests there and whatnot, it's like everyone else holds more value to you than I ever did."

You thought you were the only one sobbing there but really, you were so into your emotions that you didn't even notice the third figure that hid behind the wall and quietly sobbed with you. It was Ari.

"Y/n, please," Jimin's heart broke to see you so hurt, thus, without hesitations he embraced you lovingly while patting your back and then caressing your head. You stood like that for quite a while because Jimin didn't want to give you any excuses for the time being. He wanted to comfort you as your first social support you encountered since you came back to the country... and after signing your disownment contract.

"How are you keeping up? You know, after signing the disownment contract."Jimin asked while mentally wondering if such a thing even existed.

"I'm fine." You hiccuped while your head still laid on Jimin's chest. "I feel so free from that stupid aunt. You're right, dads' side of the family always sucks." Jimin can only nod in agreement.

Being relieved that you're actually doing fine after separating from your aunt from abroad, Jimin began to speak. "You know, it's not that you don't hold any value to us. You know very well than anyone else that my parents were always against me and Ari's relationship. We practically ran away to be with each other. We weren't doing very well financially and we didn't want to bother our friends. You were already having trouble there-"