Six

Arya’s back ached sitting in the chair for hours together. She looked out of the glass windows of the floor. The sky turned dark. 

Arya stood up from her chair, stretching and frowned, finding all the cabins and cubicles empty. 

“Is it seven already?” She mumbled, looking at the time on her wristwatch. Her eyes widened. It was half-past eight. She lost track of time, trying to complete her assigned work for the day. 

She quickly gathered her belongings and swung her bag over her shoulder. Grabbing her phone, she turned around to leave but bumped into a hard chest, making her stumble back.

“Easy, there.” Whispered a voice Arya least wanted to hear. In front of her was the project senior manager, Jaden. He was fairly young, a little older than Arya and he had no good intentions behind those sinister eyes.

“Did I scare you?” He asked in a voice that sent bad shivers down her spine. 

“A bit,” Arya replied curtly. “I have to go now, Jaden.”

She attempted to walk past him, but Jaden put his hand forward on the cubicle blocking her path. Arya’s heart beat hard. She was scared, and she was trying hard to not show it. 

Jaden was known for being a pervert, and it wasn’t the first time he had made advances on young women. A lot of them reported but were silenced because he came from a renowned family. If Jaden wished, all those women’s lives would be ruined with a snap of his finger.

“Slow down. I want to ask you something.” Jaden said, putting on an innocent expression. 

“It’s my birthday next month. I’m hosting a party for all our colleagues. I would love it if you came.” He said, inching closer with every word, and Arya pushed herself farther and farther away from his touch. 

“I’m sorry, Jaden. I have other things to do-“ 

“Come on, Arya.” He said as he leaned his face closer to her and Arya gulped, praying for somebody to interrupt. “What’s more important than attending your boss’s birthday?” 

His fingers ran down her naked arms and Arya shuffled away from him. 

“Fine.” Arya lied, wanting to be away from him, “I’ll be there.” 

With that, she ran out of the office without looking back. She was breathing hard by the time she reached downstairs. Jaden’s touch disgusted her. It was frustrating that she couldn’t do anything to put him behind the bars for everything he had done. She made a mental note to not stay alone in the office ever again. 

Arya walked on the pavement towards the bus stop where she would usually take a bus home. She was hungry and exhausted from not being able to sleep last night. All she wanted to do was flop on her bed and slip into a slumber. Her life had too much drama.

A car stopped beside her with a honk. Arya stopped, frowning. The window slid down, revealing Taehyung. 

“Get in.” He commanded. 

Arya ignored him and proceeded to walk. She hadn’t seen Taehyung since that night. She regretted slapping him and knew she could have handled the situation better if she wasn’t overwhelmed with emotions.

Taehyung barely came home the past few days. Arya guessed he was out drinking and sleeping in that studio. Jungkook kept tabs on Taehyung for her, and she was right. 

“Arya, get in.” Arya still paid no attention. She needed him to apologize, not necessarily to her, but to his father for disrespecting him.

“There’s no bus home for two more hours.” His words stopped Arya in her tracks. She realized he was right. It was more late than usual. 

“I know you are tired. Just get inside. I'll take you home.” 

Arya sighed in defeat, before walking towards the other side of the car and sat in the passenger seat. Taehyung drove without saying anything. Ten minutes later, Arya realized the route did not lead to home.

“Where are we going?” She asked, but Taehyung did not answer. The car finally stopped in front of a familiar building. 

‘Seoul Dance Studio’ was written at the entrance.

“What are we doing here?” Taehyung again ignored her question. He got out and opened the door for Arya. His new gesture shocked her.

She followed Taehyung into the building. Soon, they reached the first floor, and a door opened revealing the studio.

It was just as Arya remembered. Taehyung bought the floor so he could keep the way it was. That was why, when the whole building was renovated, that floor, especially, the studio, remained the same.

Arya stepped inside as memories played in her mind. It was the first time she saw Taehyung there. She found love in that place, experienced her first heartbreak between those four walls. More than the sweet, it was the bitter memories of Taehyung and Mia that resonated strongly.

“I come here at least once a week but you probably know that,” Taehyung stated leaving Arya confused about his intentions.

“I’m sorry,” He suddenly conceded. Arya turned around to face his remorseful eyes. 

“For what I said that night. You were right. It was low for me.” Arya just stared at him and nodded. She accepted his apology but that didn’t mean she forgave him. Hearing nothing from Arya Taehyung continued.

“Mia and I...we broke up here. We were forced to part ways in this place.” His voice turned from firm to sorrowful in a second as he walked forward towards the mirror and placed his hands on it.

Taehyung was imagining Mia, he imagined her dancing around him and he was doing it right in front of Arya.

“Why did you bring me here?” Arya’s voice, unable to bear being in the studio anymore. Taehyung swung around and gave her an intense look.

“So that you never forget your place.” He said coldly, the gentleness from a few minutes was nowhere to be found. Taehyung walked closer to Arya.

“No matter the circumstances, Mia is the only woman I love and will always be. There’s no place for anybody else.” 

Tears threatened to spill down her eyes. Hearing those from him directly was a harsh slap. 

“Why do you like hurting me?” Arya whispered.

“I gave you a choice, Arya. After grandma died, I asked you to sign the divorce papers but you chose not to. You did this to yourself. You are the only reason you are hurting.”