Stars

Draco PoV

Oh crap. I can't believe this. 

He smelled me. Me of all people. Harry Potter smelled me.

Maybe one day it'll be Harry Malfoy-Potter smelled me. 

No Draco don't get ahead of yourself. Harry will never want to marry you he hates you.

Well, aside from the flirting.

Should I take it up a notch?

Nah I'll wait for him to do something.

Wha-"Draco your gonna wear a hole in the floor stop pacing." Blaise said from the doorway. "No I'm not." "Draco go to bed." "No." "I bet the seventh years are having trouble sleeping cause of you." "Why should I care not my problem." "Draco it's one go to bed." "Why tomorrow's Saturday." "Go pace somewhere else." "Fine."

I walked out of the room. 

I found myself in the astronomy tower staring at the stars. 

"Draco," someone whispered in my ear

I shrieked.  "Who's there?" Whoever it was grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled me closer to them. I could feel their breath on my face. I reached out and grabbed them and pulled. Whatever they were wearing to make them invisible fell off in to my hands. 

It was Harry. I shoulda known. He started cracking up. "Your face!" he said, "How did you not know it was me?" "Haha very funny." "Can you give my cloak back please?" "Make me" He chuckled and walked closer to me. I took a step back only to find a wall. Crud. He put one hand on the wall leaned toward my face. I could feel my face get hot. 

"I'm going to ask you again. Can I have my cloak back?" "Here you go." I handed him his cloak. "Thanks. Now is there anything you want me to give you?" "Nope." "You sure?" He leaned closer. I could feel his breath on my nose. "Nope." I said. He bit his lip. "Alright then." He said, going to sit on the ground. "The stars are quite beautiful tonight." He said. "Yes indeed they are." 

"Draco?" "Yes, Harry?" "You haven't told anyone about what I said earlier, right?" 

My first thought was was what I eavesdropped on earlier. But then I realized that he was talking about the potion. 

"Oh uh no." "Ok, good. You won't tell anyone and I won't ok?" "Ok." 

I yawned.

He yawned back and stretched, putting his arm over my shoulder. 

"I have a question for you." I said, putting my head on his shoulder. "I can answer that little question of yours, Draco." "Well I was wondering who you smelled in the potion yesterday." "Well you see I have no idea who I smelled." "I think you do. I think, you were just embarrassed for who you smelled. You were nervous that the other person wouldn't accept you or you were nervous of what people would think of you. Who in the world would smell like mint leaves specifically." "Uh I don't really know Draco." "Harry I know who you smelled." His face turned red and he looked at the stars. "W-who did I smell then?" "Me, Harry. I know that sounds self centered but you smelled me." "H-how do you know?" 

"Snape." "You eavesdropped?" "Not exactly." I lied. "I was down the hall and you yelled you smelled me." "I did?" "Yea." "Look at me." He told me. 

I looked at him. "I don't want this to change our relationship in a bad way. I want us to stay the way we are. Happy and together. I don't want you to get mad. I don't want you to get upset. I just want you to sit here with me and I wanna see you smile. I wanna sit here with you. I don't want us to be enemies anymore. I wanna hear you laugh. I wanna keep having this flirting competition with you."

"I'll stay here." He put his arms around me. I could see tears in his eyes but I didn't know why. 

"Harry why are you crying." "Every one of my family is dead. Everyone I love is dead. You Hermione and the Weasleys are all I have left. I wanna keep you safe."

"Harry. I'm here with you, ok? I'm not gonna leave. I'm not gonna die." He smiled and pulled me close. I laid my head in his lap and looked up at him. He smiled and started to play with my hair. I don't know how long it took me to fall asleep, all I know is that he covered us both up with the invisibility cloak before he fell asleep, too.

I love this boy way too much.