42 - The Heir of Gryffindor

"What - w-what the hell ... you're supposed to be -" 

"Dead?" The woman finished off your sentence off for you. With fear flooding your body the only thing you could do was nod in agreement. She looked down at you as she moved to sit at the edge of your bed. "The thing is (y/n) ... I am dead." 

"But - you're -" 

"You know ghosts exist, right?" She cracked a smile. "I thought you took after your father when it came to intelligence." She chuckled slightly. "Clearly not."

"How?" 

"The necklace? I'm not really sure how I manged up in there but here I am. I'm guessing you've got more questions." 

"Yes ... h - how?" You repeated.

"Well, I can't tell you how I ended up in that necklace like I said, other than the fact that I believe my spirit is trapped inside and I can only been seen when you need me." 

"How come you can talk to me?" 

"Again I'm not sure how I can do that but I know this, I won't be here forever." 

"What - why?" 

"I can't protect you forever. When you need protection the most take the necklace off and smash it -"

"Smash it? What kind of -"

"Listen ..." You stopped talking. "When you smash the necklace I'll finally be released and I can form a shield to protect you but then I'll be gone forever. That's as much as I know. I can speak to you when I want but I'll only help when you need it." 

"How do you know this?" You asked. 

"When Barty took the necklace he did his own research on the matter. He never found much other than the protection abilities I now possess." 

"Did you protect him too? Help him?" 

"Only to find you." 

"Only to find me? He caused an innconet boy to die! I lost Cedric because of him! I could have lost Harry too! The boy is like my brother!" 

"We wanted you to have a brother ..." She looked down sadly at the memories that came back to her but she didn't let it consume her for very long. "We wanted a son after we'd had you. We planned to call him Regulus." 

"After Sirius's brother?" 

"Yes. He was taken too soon ... he died for the greater good ..."

You nodded at the woman. Understanding what she was saying and watching her pained expression come back but you still had more questions. "Mum?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Can you tell me about my real Dad? Who was he?" 

"Your father was nothing but a Muggleborn Ravenclaw. Thats all I say on the matter after what he did." Her face now darkened with anger.

"Leaving you mean?" 

"Yes besides, I'm the interesting one." Her smile grew on her face once again.

"How so?" You asked now leaning forward eagar to know. 

"Well your last name is famous." 

"Famous?" 

"Yes." 

"How?" 

"Well your classmates know you as (y/n) McGonagall right?" 

"Right ..." 

"To me you'll always be (y/n) Gryffindor." 

"GRYFFINDOR?" You whisper yelled hoping you wouldn't wake the others.