𝟐𝟑 - 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬

"Skywalker, you're going to want to see this" the voice of Mace Windu came over the commlink.

I was sat out on the balcony that left my room, watching the blood orange sun of Coruscant set over the skyscrapers and speeders.

I had stayed right here since (y/n) ran out earlier. Earlier. Someone that I never wanted her to see came out of me, I was too harsh with her. All I want is too apologise and for things to go back to how they were, before everything got so complicated.

I had been instructed to come to the lower security level of the temple. Taking one last look to the busy horizon, I headed down to meet Mace.

I was expecting it to be something about suspicious activity in the city like usual but I was surprised he had even commed over to me after the events back in the council room earlier.

I reached the main security room, multiple screens and holograms were dotted around the room with live tapes of familiar training and council rooms. However, the only hologram I was drawn to was one that aired on the large table in the centre of the room.

I neared it slowly as mace stood, arms crossed on the other side. When I reached the table and got the full view of the hologram showing from it, I saw a cell. Athena's cell. then, (y/n).

The next events happened in such a hurricane of emotion that I couldn't even process what I was watching. her fingers clenched, then the next second, Athena's head dropped. she was dead. (y/n) killed her.

Mace pressed a button on the table and the hologram disappeared.

"this security tape was from a few hours ago, and just minutes later a republic ship was taken without clearance, it turned off it's radar. (y/n)'s gone"

I clenched my jaw and held onto the edge of the table. Now wasn't the best time to gush about (y/n) to Mace so I just gazed down at the floor in silence.

she killed Athena. killed her.

this wasn't the (y/n) I fell in love with. I only remember this side of her from...a long time ago, I  guess we both had our dark sides.

I looked up at Mace who was staring back at me and so much was said in just the silence of our stare.

"she murdered an unarmed prisoner. Anakin, if you go to find her, if you choose her, you will be expelled from the Jedi order" he hissed.

As much as I wanted to give in, forget about the past year and go back to my normal Jedi life, I knew that would never be possible.

And so there it was, my decision was made.

before I could leave for (y/n) though, huge sirens began to  sound through the temple. Both Mace and I rushed out of the room to see what was going on.

"attention, the temple is on full lockdown. unidentified enemy assassins have entered the main entrance of the Jedi temple. They are armed, take caution. Only Jedi knights and clone troopers may leave their safe rooms"

Without another word we rushed up to the main entrance of the temple, lightsabers ignited. It only just hit me that this may be the last thing I do as a Jedi.

As we came to the entrance we were joined by several other Jedi masters. The intruders were dressed in all black with masks that covered everything but their eyes.

"umm, who are these people?" I questioned to the other Jedi

"seen them before, i have not" Yoda observed

"On my lead men" I ordered, nodding over to the squad of troopers who had their weapons poised at the mysterious group of masked men.

I span through the air and landed just in front of one of them. They suddenly raised and shot their blaster right at my head. Deflecting the shot with ease, I demanded "who are you?"

but instead of answering my question, they yelled back "LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE" raised a clenched fist and with that, the rest of the group began firing.

the empire? what empire?

I didn't have time to think about that now. As the other Jedi stepped forward to join me, I looked around for Obi-Wan but he was nowhere to be seen. I looked around for (y/n) also but was harshly reminded of all that had happened between us just hours ago.

where was everyone when you needed them?

I managed to take a few of the masked men out with ease but more and more of them kept coming.

I didn't notice as the troopers were cornered and killed.

I didn't even noticed as the group turned all their attention to me and formed a circle, locking me inside.

I only noticed when they stopped shooting, and then I realised I was greatly outnumbered. As they crowded around me from every angle, my eyes darted from eye to eye.

"fire on my command!" one of them yelled

I was exhausted but I prepared myself for more fighting. As more shots were fired, I deflected as many as possible but the circle that surrounded me became tighter and tighter and my energy levels were drained lower and lower.

suddenly, a shot seared into my back.

another into my leg.

and another into my shoulder.

and anothr into my chest.

and another.

and another.