021, NARRATIVE.

"I cannot believe you only eat blue cotton candy. What's the difference between that and the mix between pink and blue?" Vinnie asked Khalieah as they walked around the carnival.

She rolled her eyes. "First of all, i'm a crip. Sike nah.. um. I don't like when shit mixes. Like I don't mix nothing, not drinks or ice cream or cotton candy. I keep it at one flavor." She explained. "Don't be questioning me."

"You're so weird." He said, grabbing her hand. "So tell me this, do you at least like stuffed animals?"

"Hell yea I like stuffed animals, I hoard them hoes. I have like thirty on my bed then in my closet I got like fifteen more. I always win them myself though when I go to carnivals because you know... nobody else ain't gonna do cute shit for me."

They stopped in front of the high striker and Vinnie pulled out his wallet. "Which one do you want?" He asked.

"The chucky one!"

He handed the man who was standing at the game five dollars. "How high do I need to get for the chucky?" He asked.

"The highest one."

The man handed Vinnie the sledgehammer, and the first two times he didn't get high enough. "Come on Vin, you got this!" Khalieah encouraged.

"Hold on sir, give me one second." Vinnie stepped to the side where Khalieah was standing and grabbed her by the shoulders. "Is it okay if I kiss you?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah? I still want the chu-" He pulled her into a kiss and when he pulled away she took a deep breath. "Okay then."

He gave the man another five dollars and ended up slamming the sledgehammer hard enough to reach the highest point. The man handed over the chucky to Vinnie and Vinnie hands it to Khalieah.

As they walked away, Khalieah couldn't stop smiling. No matter how hard she tried to hide it, she couldn't. "What're you so smiley about?" Vinnie questioned.

"I don't know man... just being fucking free and happy. If I was home right now i'd be in bed, sad as fuck. Or even worse, i'd be in Pablo bed, getting fucked."

"Too much information. Anyway, are you still with him... I don't want this night to you know.. turn into an argument but I just don't wanna get my hopes up and you're still in a relationship."

She took a deep breath. "Uh, honestly I don't think so. It was never something that me and him agreed on like he just got out of jail and we started talking so it's not like we were actually dating. I'm gonna leave him for good though, like completely cut him out of my life."

"Why is that?"

"I've found someone better." She said softly. "And i'm really happy right now.. with you. I just don't wanna rush it considering we both don't know how this is gonna work. You're going back to Washington soon and i'm going back to Florida. You could find someone way better than me."

"No one is better than you. I thought you'd understand that by now. I don't care how bipolar and crazy you are... or how dumb you are sometimes. We have this connection that literally no one from the outside looking in would even be able to understand."

"Hm, we can talk about what we're gonna do after this small escape from reality later. I wanna ride the fireball."

"Race you to it?"

She started running and Vinnie passed her. "Wait no this isn't fair! You run track!" She yelled after him.

AUTHORS NOTE.
hey. 🙄 been a long
day, missed you guys
tho. mwah mwah.