Part 6

After last nights dinner, me and hermione headed up to our dorms feeling full and content.

We both said good bye to Harry and Ron in the gryffindor common room and went upstairs to the left where the girls dorms are.

I left hermione at her room and said goodnight.

I then entered my room to see it decorated gryffindor colours and all of my belongings in there already.

I had a look around my room and there was a huge red silk bed, a couch opposite the end of the bed with some books on, a bathroom lovely and white with everything needed.

This made me so excited to see what was in store for me at this school.

It was time to go to bed so I got into my pjs
and made sure Elora was fed before hitting the hay.

———————————

I woke up that Morning hearing banging on my door, getting up thinking who it could be, I opened it to see hermione already up and dressed with her books looking very impatient with me.

" come on y/n hurry up or else we will be late for mcgonagalls class.!!"
She said very quickly in a rush.

I nodded my head and yawned while i got dressed and grabbed all of my books.

Me and hermione headed down the stairs and rushed to mcgonagalls lesson thinking that we were going to be late.

We got into the room just in time and sat next to each other opening our books and writing down what Mcgonagall has written on the chalkboard for us all.

Next to us sat draco and crabbe, one of the boys draco was with yesterday.

I looked over to him and he caught me looking, raising a curious brow, until the doors of the class opened and Harry and Ron come running in.

Me, hermione and all the others stared at the two as they were late and mcgonagall told them to sit down and not to be late again.

—————————————

When class was over, we all headed to potions class and i sat next to Ron while hermione and Harry were sat to the right of us.

Everyone went silent as snape barged into the room demanding rules like 'no foolish wand waving' and 'no talking'. He started to explain what potions class will be like and what we can learn from it all.

I look at snape as he went quiet and was staring at a student... I looked around and notice it's Harry he is waiting on, as Harry wrote down word for word what snape had just said in his notebook.

I see hermione nudge him and he soon pays attention.

Snape then starts asking him questions he doesn't even know and then carried on with the lesson.

————————-

As we all leave the classroom to head to the great hall for mail time, Draco walks past us all giving us dirty looks so we all give him the same look back as he walks of laughing with crabbe and goyle.

'Sorry you're highness' Harry bowed as he was far in front of us not to hear and we all sniggered laughing, trying not to draw attention from draco and his friends who were 10 feet ahead of us.

We arrived at the great hall and as everyone gets their mail i don't receive any until Elora comes swooping in with the news letter from Hagrid as he knows i won't receive any from my parents seeing as they don't have a clue how magic works and Elora doesn't exactly know where i live.

'Thank you' i petted her before she flew off with all the other owls in the hall.

We all read the newspaper that told us everything that was going on in the Wizarding world, after reading 3 pages the letters started to become blurry for me and muddling around the page, I began to feel dizzy and sick.

'I'll meet you guys at our next lesson! Just got to use the rest room' I excused myself from the trio and left the great hall.

I reckoned this was all my nerves that have built up throughout the day, releasing out my body and making it all come back to me, first day nerves are the worst as well as being homesick.

I knew this walk couldn't take long as we had flying lessons up next so i decided to walk to the flying grounds instead of the restroom so i won't be late and will still get some fresh air that will hopefully make me feel much better.

As i approached the field area i saw all the school brooms lined up waiting for our class so i sat down next to a wall until all the other students arrived.

I felt worse than before when all the students started to turn up.

I ignored the feeling and went on with the class.

Madam hooch then arrived as I stood up and we all stood behind broomsticks, i was in between Harry and hermione with Ron next to Harry.

Madam hooch first taught us how to call our broom sticks.

Me, Harry and Draco were the first three to achieve it while everyone else slowly got it except from Ron, who's broom hit him square in the face and Harry laughed at him making Ron complain to him about it.

Madam hooch told us to hop on the broomstick but not to lift off yet.

So we did.

Neville on the other hand couldn't control his broom stick and he went flying higher and higher, away from the class.

We were all so scared for him as he got stuck on a spike by his robe near the top of one of the towers until it ripped off.

We all screamed and rushed up to him, hoping he was okay.

Madam hooch told us he just has a broken arm and while she takes him to the hospital wing everyone is to stay on the ground and not mess about.

———————