15 Not That Bad pt 2

A/n: I'm in love with this picture AGHBDJSKSDNEKKA

ANYWAY

"Dad, don't freak out," Varian said to a shocked Quirin. "A girl? What's a girl doing at my house?" Quirin asked, hoping it wasn't what he thought it was.

"HAHAHAHA, I have to laugh," you wrapped an arm around the man's son. "This boy is like a brother to me...a very...very annoying brother," you reassured Quirin. Varian smiled, but then looked at you confused when he processed the last few words. "Hey that's mean."

"Look Varian's dad-" "Quirin-" "Quirin. Varian and I go way back. By that I mean like two years. Today was the first time I've seen him since then and I needed a place to stay. So to be...kind," you almost gagged on that one word, "he told me I could stay with you guys."

Varian's dad looked at you skeptically, not sure if you were telling the truth. "I don't lie. I think lying is a waste of time and the only time I do is when I stea-" Varian covered your mouth with his hand before you could finish and chuckled nervously. "Okay, enough of that. She's not lying dad, I promise. Does it even look like we like each other like that?" Varian asked, hand still covering your mouth.

You yanked the boy's hand off and furrowed your eyebrows. "You touch my mouth again, and I'll make it so that you can't touch anything for a good few months," you narrowed your eyes at him. "I rest my case," he responded, slightly frightened.

"If you are telling the truth, How did you guys meet in the first place?" Quirin asked crossing his arms. "That's easy! We meet in pri-" Varian covered your mouth once more, but quickly put it back down when he saw your devil glare. "You talked a lot, I should get a chance don't you think? We met...when you were still stuck. When I was looking for help, I met Y/n. She couldn't help, but she was always there when I needed to talk to her," Varian explained.

He didn't necessarily lie, but he didn't tell the whole truth either and you weren't impressed.

"Oh, well thank you for keeping my son company when I couldn't," Quirin smiled. For the first time, guilt stung inside you. "It's no problem really," you respond, trying to brush it off. "Letting you stay is the least I could doooo?" "Y/n." "Y/n"

"Hey...Buckteeth? You, me, your room, now," you pulled Varian by his arm all the way to his room. The boy let out a few "ow, Ow, OW"s out and Quirin was a bit confused, but shrugged it off and went to his own room.

You slammed the door shut and leaned in front of it so he couldn't get out. "We never agreed to lying!" You whisper yelled. "He wouldn't have let you stay if he knew you went to prison! Besides, he doesn't even know I went to jail," he whisper yelled back. Your eyes widened, "What?! That's horrible, and that's saying something coming from me. You know I'm all for horrible, but the truth always comes out eventually. And when it does, it won't be pretty for you or me!"

Varian crossed his arms. "But you lie all the time when you steal-" "How do you think I got to prison in the first place? It helped in that moment, but people caught on and the truth came out...."

"Woah, you're good."

"I know Buckteeth. I'm the master of convincing," you moved away from Varian and walked up to all the stolen items on the bed. "Master of convincing," you repeated, chuckling to yourself.

"Please, I promise that we'll tell him...eventually. Just after he gets to know you, so that he could judge you based solely on who you are, rather than what you've done."

"Woah you're good."

"I know Y/n, I've learned from the best."

"Fine, I'm still only doing this for free food. Now let me hide these...things. Don't touch anything, I'm good at what I do," you responded, picking up a few stolen items of the bunch.

You had free food later on in the evening, it was totally worth it.

"You know? Dork Varian is starting to grow on me," you say after Quirin went to his room and fell asleep, "but I still see a little villain inside you." Varian turned red in embarrassment. "Goodnight Half n' Half," you winked at the boy before going out to the "backyard" and left Varian in the dining room.

A/n: I will now take this time to AGAIN promote my other book.
No Fairytale: a Modern Varian x reader book. It takes place in highschool not all the main characters were introduced yet. But they all come from different backgrounds, have different sexualities, and gender identities. REPRESENT!

Until next time

-Clementine