𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤 2

"Kenna?" But was she too far gone? Did it save her life or was she already dead?

~~~

After hearing the shots being fired, the locals walked over to where they heard the violence. Cassandra gasped and quickly rushed over to where Din was sitting, Kenna still in his lap.

"Dear maker, what happened?" She asked, worried.

"I...help me, please," He looked up at the woman who placed an old hand on his beskar covered shoulder.

"Of course my dear, what do you need?" Din looked down at Kenna and then back at Cassandra who took the hint and knelt beside him, who made a move to feel Kenna's neck. However, Din took this the wrong way, pulled Kenna away from her and whipped out his blaster. "My dear, I need to see if she still has a pulse," He slowly pulled back Kenna, his blaster not moving as Cassandra checked Kenna's slow, weak pulse. "She's still alive, but if she stays out in the cold, it will affect her, could kill her even," Din reacted quickly and stood up and walked up the ramp. Cassandra picked up the child and turned to the nervous-looking locals.

"Fuel," Din says to the old lady from the top of the ramp before whisking Kenna away into his room.

"Swindel, Ohio, Locki and Faye, go back and bring fuel for this ship. Hansdel, Aarron and Emma, go and fetch my medical kit. Simpson and Isabelle, food, lots of it, there are three bellies to fill. Hutson and Ronan, blankets and pillows. Zelena, Regina," The twins turned to look at her. "Help me take care of them while the rest go out," They nodded and walked over to Cassandra while the rest bustled around to head back to the bazaar.

~~~

Din gently placed Kenna down in his cot and pushed a strand of red hair from her face and crouched by her, examining her face as if it was the last time he would see it.

"Mr Mandalorian," He quickly turned, his blaster ready causing Cassandra to chuckle. "I really need to practice not sneaking up on protective Mandalorians," She adjusted the child in her arms. "Anyway, I've sent everyone back to collect some items. Zelena and Regina are here to help you until you leave," He nodded and turned back to Kenna, holding her hand tightly.

"Mr Mandalorian, is there anything we can do?" Regina asked, pushing back her short, raven black hair.

"Be quiet," His monotoned voice, that was full of sentiment, retorted. They both nodded and left to find Cassandra. "I'm so, so, sorry, Kenna, please forgive me," He mumbled, his voice cracking ever so slightly.

~~~

It was nightfall when everyone returned in transporters. Din watched them arrive from the top of his ramp, Cassandra and the twins beside him.

"Took the lot of you ages to get back, now come on, the Mandalorian needs our help,"

"Ma'am, I'm completely capable--"

"Not to sound rude, Sir, but we are helping you whether you like it or not," She snapped her fingers and strutted away, helping to off load the cargo sledges and transporters. Din rolled his eyes and looked back at his room, where Kenna laid perfectly still, her breaths still short. He sighed and walked outside into the snow to help with the crates.

"So, how is it with being a Mandalorian and having princess Kenna with you? Is it hard? Easy? Wait, do you love her? Can Mandalorians love? Wait, can you guys have sex?" Din rolled his eyes as he fueled up his ship, one young local man has been following him around, his arms full with things Din needed. "Is it against your religion to have sex? If so, can you have sex with other Mandalorians or is that a big no? Is it sort of like the bro code? Wait, have you seen your--"