chapter 32

"When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life" – Arielle Ford

32.

An exhausted groan escaped my lips as I slowly regained consciousness. There was huge heaviness wearing my eyes down accompanied by a strange buzzing in my brain but I fought against them both and managed to open my eyes. 

My brown eyes met cold black eyes.

I felt my pulse quicken as a scream tore through me. With all my might, I sat up and pushed the unknown creature aside, anxiously scouting my surroundings for an escape route.

A relieving breath escaped me once I realized that I was still inside of my pack, at the exact spot where I was talking to Ethan. Speaking of, where in the hell did he go?

My attention was once again stolen by the unknown creature which let its presence known by growling loudly.

Wait a second... growling?

You idiot, Vivian, that is a wolf!

A wolf with awfully familiar, dark eyes…

“Oh, fuck….” 

It had worked.

It was Ethan’s wolf.

All air vanished from my lungs as I collapsed back onto the soft Earth and covered my eyes with my hands, “Unbelievable…” 

It had worked!

A few seconds later, I felt heavy footsteps of his wolf nearing me. From within the space between my fingers, I peeked amd saw him hovering right above me. Then suddenly, without any warning, he dropped his large head on my chest.  

My eyes widened in alarm as I eagerly tried to push him away for the second time but being as stubborn as his other humanly counterpart, he growled angrily, fought back and once again laid the side of his head right on top of my chest.

"Hey! Get off, I am not your pillow!"

I matched his determination by pushing him away, this time adding the signature Alejandro glare in the mix.

He backed down.

Seriously, this guy needed to be taught about invasion of personal space.

Thinking that I had won, a triumphant smile overtook my face but that victory was short-lived when he came back to me and began to lick my face.

"Stop it, stop it!" Short giggles escaped my mouth at his relentless effort to lick my face squeaky clean. Whenever I let out a squeal, he would pick up his pace.

For the first time ever, I willingly touched his wolf by brushing his soft, black fur with my fingers. In response, he stopped licking and let his eyes close, completely focusing on relishing the feel of my long fingers working through his fur.  

Guess he had enough of his human lollipop, which is good because I am quite certain that he had given me a complete facial wash with his tongue.

When I stopped brushing his fur and began to retreat my fingers, he instantly opened his obsidian eyes and nudged me on the side with his snout. A small whimper escaped him, urging me to continue with the gentle stroking.

Not wanting to piss him off, I decided to give into his demand, but only for this one time. In reply, he laid his entire self on me and conveniently pushed his face into my neck like a little child.

Our close proximity made my heart pound.  

His mouth was right next to my neck, directing all my thoughts to one particular subject - what if he marks me without consent?