Chapter 41

Today was the final day of the contest. Marcus had not been with me all these days because he was in Thailand.

I missed him everyday but we talked over the phone a lot at night. He was supposed to be arriving in few hours with Steve.

The contest was not the only thing on my mind these past few days. Marcus's birthday was in one month and all this time, I had been thinking about how to contact his mother.

But I didn't give up on hope as today before the show, all the Andersons including Marcus's uncle, Sebastian Anderson who I knew very well because of his beauty products company would also be coming here.

I was standing impatiently by the entrance glancing at my watch from time to time waiting for their arrival. Behind me the staff of the hotel and the five companies were running around like chickens on fire, preparing for the last show.

I rubbed my hands together to heat them as I stood on the cold hard ground. It was an afternoon but no sunlight fought its way through the heavy clouds as it was snowing.

A line of black cars came into my view and Marcus's dad, Carlton Anderson and his sister, brother and their children got off. Amara Anderson gave me a big hug and congratulated me on the success of my show.

Chris Anderson, Sebastian's son was smirking as he checked me out. Both he and I went to same college but never met since he was a senior. But I knew very well of his behavior during his college times. He was always surrounded by chicks ready to give themselves to him. And he didn't disappoint them.

I ignored him and walked past him to greet his sister Bianca who I hated equally. I had met her in business meetings and she was a pain in the ass. She was the brunette version of Clara.

"Why are we here again dad?" Bianca asked Sebastian with a scowl on her face.

"Shut up" Sebastian warned her and engulfed me in a hug.

"It's nice to see you again Camilla"

"It's nice to see you too Mr. Anderson"

"Oh drop the formalities. We are family now. I saw your text message saying that you wanted to talk about something"

"Yeah I'll tell you when we get inside" I said quietly not wanting to grab the attention of Marcus's dad.

After greeting everyone from the Empire group, I walked to the restaurant with Sebastian.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"Um-do you know Marcus's mother?" I asked with uncertainty, not knowing how he would react.

"I only have little knowledge about his past before his father took him in. He lived with his mother, step father and half sister, I don't know anything other than that"

"Do you still have any contact number of his mother?"

"I'm not sure. I had it when we were trying to take his custody from her. I'm don't know if the number is still working"

"Do you mind if I have it?"

Sebastian stared at me for a while and sighed loudly. "Are you sure you want to do that? Because Marcus is a very secretive person and I don't think he will like it"

"I don't know Mr. Anderson but he has been missing his mother a lot. If there's anything I can do to help him I'm willing to take the risk"

"Okay I will search my old papers and will send you the number"

"Thank you Mr. Anderson. Your help means a lot but can you please not tell Marcus that I asked you about this?"

"Okay"