Chapter 36

One of the worst feelings to Ophelia was waking up after getting close to no sleep and waking up early in the morning with a pounding headache and blurry eyesight. She had let Cedric know when she went to the Burrow that she was with the Weasleys, and Mr Diggory informed her that they were all going together to the portkey that was taking them to the World Cup anyway, so it was much easier if she met them there.

She threw on a tank top, a cool-girl biker jacket and leggings as she walked with Hermione and Ginny down to the kitchen, where Mrs. Weasley was already cooking. On the table sat Mr. Weasley, and at the sight of Harry he spread his arms wide as if to showcase his clothes.

"What d' you think" he asked earnestly. Mr. Weasley was wearing a golfing sweater and washed out jeans that were held up by a thick leather belt.

"Yeah," Harry replied with a small smile. "Very good."

"Where's Bill and Charlie and Percy?" George asked, spotting the three missing redheads.

"They're Ap-Apparating." Ophelia replied sleepily, yawning. "Pretty sure they're still in bed."

Fred yawned next to her. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," Mrs. Weasley snapped.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asked. Sometimes, even Ophelia forgot that he was basically a muggleborn and still relatively new to all things magic.

"Oh yes," Mr. Weasley said, checking their tickets. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to find a couple of people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparation, and when it's not done properly it can lead to nasty complications. They went and splinched themselves yesterday."

"Er—splinched?" 

"They left half of themselves behind—had to wait for the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to sort them out. Meant a fair bit old bit of paperwork, I can tell you, what with the Muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind..."

"Were they okay?"

"Oh yes," said Mr. Weasley. "They got off with a heavy fine."

"So Bill and Charlie can do it?" 

"Charlie had to take the test twice," said Fred with a grin. "Failed the first time, Apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear, remember?"

Mr. Weasley tucked his tickets back into his pocket, turning to Ophelia. "Have you got your ticket, dear? Seems like I don't have yours."

Swallowing a spoonful of porridge quickly, Ophelia replied with a gulp. "Oh yeah, Ced's got mine."

"Of course, Ced's got yours." Fred teased.

"Come on now," Mr. Weasley said, gesturing for everyone to stand up. "We've got a bit of a walk."

"Walk?" asked Harry incredulously. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," waved Mr. Weasley. "We only need to walk a short way. It's jut that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention, so we have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times—"

"George!" Mrs. Weasley interrupted sharply, pointing at his pocket. "What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!" George feigned innocence.

"Accio!" The small brightly colored candies zoomed out of George's pocket and into Mrs. Weasley's hand. 

"We told you to destroy them!" Ophelia winced at Mrs. Weasley's furious tone, holding up the Ton-Tongue Toffees. "Empty your pockets, go on, both of you! Accio! Accio! Accio!"