3.50

(you are all so lovely. thank you for reading. leave your comments behind if you have any. reading them makes my day, really)

MAJOR DISCLAIMER; there are some views of men in here, that the characters may have - I do not agree with any of them. I'll let you know I'm a major feminist :)

December 15th 2015

11:43 AM

South London

Audrey Street, 14

Dakota's and Louis' flat / Living room

               Two days. 48 hours. 2880 minutes. 172800 seconds. That’s how long Dakota has been lost in a haze of regrets and tummy aches. She regretted even telling Louis about anything, maybe if she didn’t, he wouldn’t have left. Or her mood swings that went from a burning frustration in the pit of her empty stomach to crying against the windowsill till her eyelids felt heavy and surrendered to darkness.

               The moment fresh air hit her face, she didn’t feel any better. In fact she felt worse. She felt embarrassed as she walked past her neighbours doors who undoubtly heard her shrieking cries at night, after she got nightmares of Louis’ death. She never felt so dependent on someone, and it scared her when she realized that people do change you and not always for the better.

               She feared the outside world all of a sudden.

               Whether it was Louis cursing about some client and telling her she shouldn't trust everyone she laid eyes on, or how when men stared at her it means they wanted her with or without consent. How hiring a maid to clean the flat leads to theft or walking down an alleyway leads to the act of kidnapping. Whatever came out of Louis’ mouth it was always a negative perception of things.

               If you are surrounded by negativity, it only takes a certain amount of time before you surrender to it and become it.

               Louis was a manipulator. That is why someone like him, has the job he does and the girlfriend he has.

               Dakota quickly raced down the marble steps as she zipped her hoodie up. As she pushed her flat complex door, escaping the smell of urine, she came face to face with a car. A sleek black BMW with tinted windows was parked across the road. A car that has been there for the past two days, only left rarely in the middle of the night. She hadn’t realized how mysterious and deadly the situation was.

               Was she being stalked?

               Dakota quickly readjusted her satchel bag that was hanging from her shoulder, as she gave one last look to the car and walked right. She began to walk faster, her worn out Allstars not stopping her. She heard an engine start, so she quickly looked behind her shoulder seeing the BMW moving in closer.

               No car drives that slowly on this road.