Day 56-85: Propheus

On the fifty sixth day of the game, Propheus took the time to sumerise his progress up to now.

He was currently a foot-soldier of Last City, as such he had a steady income of 30 copper coins a day if he did nothing and extra money for all tasks he performed. His weapons were a simple bronze short sword the training pike he had goten from his mentor not counting. For armor he wore a iron chain mail tunic and pants under the city's guard red garb. He also had a Kettle Helmet made of Bronze.

He looked at the status on the piece of perchement.

"Name: Propheus
Sex: Male
Age:17
Civilisation: Pholien
Nationality: Last City
Class: Soldier
job: Foot-Soldier
Rank: G
Status: free man.
Reputation: 0 (Bounty: 0)

<Stats>
Health: 1730/1730 Magic: 100/100

Agility: H >18
Athletism: E >83
Charisma: F >12
Dexterity: F >34
Endurance: F >92
Intelligence: I >29
Luck: I >16
Mind: I >42
Personality: E >16
Speed: G >41
Stealth: I >0
Strength: E >57
Stats go from I to SS. Resets at Rank Ups.

<Talents>
[No Armor][Short Sword Mastery][Spear/Pike Mastery]

<Skills>
[Maintain][Pierce][Slice][Throw]"

<Spells>

<Affinity>

<Education>
Languages: [Common Language]
Cultures:
History:
Architecture:
Clothing:
Agriculture:"

All in all it wasn't bad. He had shelter, food, income, equipment, work and access to better training.

For the following month Propheus days went as followed: from his connection time at sun down in reality (therefore sun rise in the game) to mid morning in the game he would train his body at the military compound running while lifting weight, repeatedly striking his sword or pike on a dummy, maintaining his weapons and armor.
Then his first guard shift of the day would start, he always selected some place interesting like the market place, the front of the church, academy or the gates. His shift ended after lunch time, thats when he would go back to the barracks with the other guards and eat.
The first half of the afternoon was spent at the river where he would practice swimming and diving before going to his second guard shift. Once again he made sure to get posted in interesting places. It would last until sun down when he would visit a new part of the city and perform a few quests for the residents of Last City or go grind outside the village.

He would log out after the moon rose half way to the top in the sky to start the process all over again the next day. As he trained the weights he used became easier to lift, he had to change them to heavier ones regularly. By the end of the month he was running with a hundred kilos on him.

When he hunted he would do it with fellow foot-soldiers. Unconsciously adopting the combat formations that had been drilled in them during their first training as soldiers, they would form lines, stand side by side, cover their team mates and keep others informed of their actions and plans. It resulted in no casualties, little damages and high pace hunting.

During his guard shift he once managed to arrest a thief with a little infamy which had resulted in a small reward in cash and a rize in reputation by 10. Since then the villagers would sometimes recognize and talk to him.

When the month ended Propheus had gathered quite the amount of money and was starting to get tired of the training. As much as he enjoyed to expand his limits, doing the same thing for a total of two month and a half would ultimately prove to be boring for anyone.

So, on the eighty sixth day of the game Propheus went to his supperior and asked if there was anything other than Guard shifts that he could do at his rank.

"Well, of course! As a foot soldier you have the possibility to join the monthly Punitive expedition to the northern caves."
"Okay. Can you tell me more about it?"
"Sure. The northern caves used to be mines but they are now filled with goblins. Many adventurers used to go there to train at first but now that they got stronger the goblin activity is back. As soldiers of Last City it is our duty to clean their numbers and protect the village from these nasty buggers."
"How can i join?"
"It is not difficult: you come ask me."
"Okay, can i please join the next punitive expedition to the northern caves?"
"Sure, you have the skills. Be at the northern gate in a week with food and water for a week. Bring as much material as you deem needed but know that no one will cary it for you."
"Yes sir."

After this Propheus thought about what to take with him. His armor and weapons were a must. He also picked his maintenance material and some flint, and an extra two pair of tunic and wool pants to wear under the chain mail. During the next days he gathered a round cheese, some rabbit jerky a player sold at the market place, small and round radish and carrots. He also brought a cooking pot with a ladle and a small knife. His last purchase was the largest water gourd and backpack made from leather he could find.

Putting everything in the backpack he put it on. It weighted way less than during training. he tried wearing it above his chain mail and weapons. A few adjustments were needed so he brought it to the tailor. By the end of the last day before departure he was ready.