twenty three

August 15, 2018

SELENE HAD BEEN IN LONDON FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW.

To be honest, she liked it more than California. It wasn't really hot and she liked watching the rain fall down her glass windows. Moving went pretty smooth for the most part. She had just about everything set up except for the kitchen and guest bedroom. Her sunflower plants didn't make it though. They were already dying when she got to her old apartment and then they got smushed during moving. It was okay though because she had bought some more seeds and planted them near her balcony the other day.

Caden was doing okay too. He was getting used to the new environment but the dog was happy practically anywhere. Selene had a studio session with Mitch, Harry, and someone else who went by 'Kid'. Selene had literally no idea who he was. She had never worked with him so she was kinda nervous.

Selene had just got out of the shower and didn't feel like doing anything to her hair she just left it alone. She placed her black adidas jogging pants on. After that she put on a orange-ish yellow top that resembled a bra. Hell, maybe it was one. She honestly did not care. She put on a oversized zip up jacket and grabbed her apartment key and car key. The studio was right around her apartment so it took her about ten minutes to get there. She blasted Tyler, the Creator the whole way. As she parked, she watched as Harry and Mitch walked out the studio. Why the hell does both of their hair grow so fast. She turned off her music and took the key out of the ignition. She unlocked the door and Harry opened the door.

"You couldn't wait until I got out?" she teased as he stood to the side. "None of us have seen you in a month. We kinda missed you Le," he defended. She got out of her Jeep and gave Harry a hug.

"You got any ideas for the session today?" he asked as he let go of her. Selene shook her hug as she gave Mitch a quick hug.

"Nope, I brung my journal but it's just old songs I wrote on tour. I didn't finish then but they're there," she said as she closed the front door and opened the back door to grab the journal.

"Do you still have the first part of Treat People with Kindness?" Harry asked as she closed the door.

"Harry you do realize I wrote that as a joke because Mitch was being an asshole," she started as the three walked into the building.

"What? That was you being the asshole!" Mitch argued. Selene cocked her head and smirked.

"Was it?"

The studio was really big. Really big. Selene had worked in big studios but this was probably the biggest one. I mean they had a full grand piano, about five different guitars, three mics, a keyboard, drums and a glass that separated the two parts of the studio.

"Have y'all written any songs yet?" Selene asked.

"Two. You can only hear one though, that one is just about finished," he muttered. "I'll go set it up on the computer."

Both Mitch and Harry went behind the glass; leaving Selene in the main part of the studio. She was hungry as hell. She had forgot to eat earlier so she searched around the room for a mini fridge. She knew Harry ate a lot so of course he would have snacks on deck. Her eye caught the black mini fridge in a corner near a pride flag. Bingo! Selene bent down and opened the fridge, the guitarist grabbing a cookie from the top shelf. She closed the door and took a bite out of the cookie.

"Selene where did you go-" Harry called out, his eyes wandering over the studio. "Oh no."

Selene furrowed her eyebrows. "What! What are you oh no-ing?" she asked, as she took another bite out of the cookie.