062 | IWAIZUMI HAJIME

one shot is titled— THE MEANING OF LOVE inspired by the song with the same title sung by EGOIST

one shot is titledTHE MEANING OF LOVE
inspired by the song with the same title sung by EGOIST

"everything has an end."

please listen to the song while reading, it adds to the mood, thanks!

You were a child when you first met him.

Iwaizumi Hajime was a quiet and obedient child. It was required for him to do so, since he is the heir to the Iwaizumi Dukedom. Hiding behind your father's legs, you steal a glance at the dark haired boy sitting beside his father, his big round eyes staring at you with indifference not suited for a young boy his age.

After exchanging pleasantries, you're ushered by your parents to play with Hajime, as the adults needed to talk about something. You hop off of your chair, unlike the boy who climbed down gracefully. He bows to his parents and you clumsily imitated him, earning amused laughter from the adults. Hajime remains stoic, but you see the slight upturning of his lip that may or may not have caused your 7 year old heart to skip a little bit.

He offers you his hand, and you grin, taking his. His little feet carry you to the garden filled with white lilies. The wind flutters the flowers, and a few petals fall down, tangling with your hair. You don't notice it of course, too engrossed by the flowers. Hajime shuffles closer, taking out the white petals that complimented your pink hair.

"Iwa-chan!"

Both of you spin around towards the loud voice. A boy around your age with chestnut brown hair is standing by the gazebo with a hand on his hip. His eyes narrow at the sight of Hajime's hand on your hair. You back away when he stomps towards the both of you, his face twisting in annoyance. At that time, you weren't aware that the chestnut boy was the Crown Prince, Oikawa Tōru.

"Who are you?" His eyebrows bunch in a frown. "Wait—" He pauses, staring at your pink hair. "You must be—"

"OIKAWA!" The both of you jump in surprise when Hajime speaks, more like shouts, for the first time. "Do you have any manners? She is a guest. Don't just go on prancing around, pointing fingers, you dumbass!" A hit to the head.

The new male, Oikawa, pouts, rubbing his head in pain. "You're so mean, Iwa-chan!" He huffs, then turns towards you. A smile graces his lips. "What's your name, pretty lad— OUCH! IWA-CHAN!"

You giggle, and the odd duo stops arguing when they hear you.

You were 10 when you visited again. This time, instead of having tea outside, your family is escorted to the dining room. There, you spot Hajime patiently waiting, still with that stoic look on his face. He still hasn't changed, you notice. After taking your respective seats, and greeting Hajime's parents, you take a seat elegantly and it makes Hajime's eyes dance in interest. He remembers 3 years ago when you were still a brash little girl, fighting against him and Oikawa.