Chapter 23

"Begin!" The professor said in a loud voice

Both Shin and Glen dashed forward, planning to clash with each other's sword.

In the audience's perspective, it seemed like Shin was focused on defense.

Glen took this chance and kept on attacking.

'I can't keep going on like this' he thought

Ren could only sigh as he watched the fight

Because of the after effects of Asil, Shin could barely keep up with all the attacks using his Aura.

Glen created spikes using his aura and managed to pierce him.

1 hit.

2 hits.

Shin, "-ack!"

Before the third attack hit him, he used his aura to push himself farther away from the spikes.

Glen smirked

"I didn't expect you to be this weak Shin. Won't you die too easily if you're the one protecting Aria?"

"The battle just started. You're getting too cocky. Aria would never choose a bastard like you!"

Hearing Shin's insults, he got pissed and stopped talking. After all, actions are stronger than words.

Pointing his finger as if it was a gun towards him,

he casted a spell.

"Blast"

Shin immediately felt the heat he had experienced during the last round.

Shin, "You piece of shit"

Glen smirks, "let's see if you can curse after this"

'I have to use Asil again. I'll die if I don't.'

This time, the spell wasn't bound to just their battlefield. It was covering the whole arena.

"I knew something bad would happen" Ren said, irritated by everything

'everyone will die if this goes on'

He hurried to where the others were

Student A, "....is it me or is it getting too hot?"

Student B was widening his eyes in shock,

"It's coming towards us!"

The professors heard this and felt the danger as well.

"Glen Erald! Stop this instant!" A professor shouted

But he acted as if he hadn't heard it.

The professors started evacuating everyone while another tried stopping the battle, but it was futile.

A death by fire and a death by ice. They're all the same. It all leads to death.

'but I have to try' Shin thought

"Asil, lend me your power again"

Everything near Shin was slowly being frozen.

The pain from using Asil twice in a day crept through his body, but he had to endure it.

The blasts were all frozen in an instant.

Glen, "You took Aria away from me! You deserve to die!"

When Shin blinked, he found that Glen's eye sockets were hollow. Only black blood dripping was left.

From the violent aura, the high grade spells, and finally this, he was now sure

"...Glen is dead"