Facts and Q&A

QUESTIONS FOR ELLE

01 | "What gave you the idea/inspired you to write this book?"

I started writing Rage with Benefits in 2018 using one of my backup accounts (with different character names and a waaay more different plot). It used to be very cringy mind you, which is why I'm really thankful that I didn't have that big of an audience back then. I got my inspiration from watching The Proposal. It's one of my favorite movies and if you haven't watched it yet, you're definitely missing out.

 It's one of my favorite movies and if you haven't watched it yet, you're definitely missing out

02 | "Are you single?"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yes.

03 | "Who's your favorite character?"

Emery and Blake bet ;)

04 | "What was your favorite scene/part of the book to write?"

Bryce and Evie's first meeting :)

05 | "Will you ever publish a paperback version of Rage with Benefits?"

Well... if opportunities come my way, why not? °꒳° Especially since holding a physical copy of my book is something I've been dreaming about since I started writing. I've thought about self-publishing before via Amazon KDP, but I live outside the U.S. and I'm not familiar with the process of filing tax forms and such. If you're in the same situation as me and have successfully self-published on Amazon, I will always be open for advice. Until then, Rage with Benefits will stay as a digital copy for you lovely people to enjoy.

06 | "There was gotta be an initial plot which was completely different from now right? What was the first idea of this book @apparentlyelle?"

Originally, Ian never broke up with Noah. In fact, he was supposedly still dating him when he was hooking up with Bryce. I scrapped the idea out a week before I published RWB because obviously, it wasn't exactly moral, and as you guys would probably agree, Noah wouldn't deserve that. So yeah.

Also, Evie wasn't supposed to be in the picture. I added her literally on the day she first appeared in the book. The same goes with Asher, who was originally supposed to be the only member of the circle who wasn't a swimmer.

07 | "Are we getting an Emery and Cameron Sequel?"

Yes :)

08 | "When are the characters' birthdays?"

Bryce - 18th September
Ian - 7th August
Emery - 19th June 
Cameron - 13th December 
Asher - 6th July 
Blake - 14th February 

09 | "What's your favorite song?"

My favorite song changes every month but right now, I constantly listen to Save Your Tears remix just because 😍

— QUESTIONS FOR THE CHARACTERS

@m0ronic_cunt says, "My question to Blake: would you rather have a nipple on your forehead or dicks on both knees?"

Blake: Well... they don't make pants for the second one so...

@InflatablePanda says, "Is Marcus looking for a sugar baby by any chance?"

Marcus: Excuse me a what?
Bryce: *explains thoroughly word for word*
Marcus: Oh...
Marcus: ...
Marcus: I'm not sure. Is that legal? That's not like prostitution right?
Bryce: ???

@Lucky_7_ says, "What're Bryce and Ian's favorite quirks about each other?"

Bryce: Oh that's a good question.
Ian: Whenever we're in bed, or watching TV, he sticks his pinky finger in my belly button when he's bored.
Bryce: I like tracing the sides and pretend my finger's skateboarding.
Ian: *sighs* I know, I'm dating a weird man.
Bryce: Well, I like it when your hand automatically goes straight to my hair when I kiss you.
Ian: Your hair's nice.
Bryce: I know.

@BryceAndIan says, "What's Cameron's favorite book?"

Cameron: *walks in with all the books he's read this week*
Cameron: I'm reading this right now... *points at Anna Karenina*
Cameron: I'm kind of in-between this one (The Great Gatsby) and this one (World's End)...
Cameron: This is pretty nice too (To Kill a Mockingbird)...
Cameron: I like reading historical books and epics like Iliad.
"But what book is your favorite?"
Cameron: Oh.
Cameron: ...
Cameron: *murmurs* That would be The Devil Wears Prada...

@adore-jimin says, "Olivia, are you currently dating anyone?"

Olivia: No. I am committed to motherhood at the moment. *smiles*
Bryce and Ian: Sheeeeeesh~
Olivia: Sometimes unwillingly.

@TbhDiana says, "Not a question but I think this summer you should be a total slut no more simping."

Emery: I... *looks around for help* *looks at the camera, flustered* Thank you...
Ian, sitting beside him: He asked me to be here. Now, I see why.

@ranoutofthingsto_say says, "To Asher, do you know people ship you with Blake?"

Asher: *laughs*
Asher: *laughs more hysterically*
Asher: *proceeds to pass out due to an overwhelming surge of amusement*

Here are 10 (very) random facts about the characters that you may or may not enjoy

1. Before I decided to make Emery and Cameron a side thing, Emery was originally supposed to be the one who had feelings for Ian. Every time I think about it now, I laugh my ass off.

2. Bryce was even more unlikeable in the rough drafts of this book. Like, if I made him like how's he supposed to be in the drafts, you wouldn't like the idea of him and Ian ending up together.

3. Ian's draft name is Kyle. Bryce's is Eli.

4. Asher has a phobia of Raggedy Ann Dolls.

5. I've never meant for Blake to come out as a fun and lovable character in the beginning. Originally, I wrote him as a giant asshole, but then I published that one chapter, and you guys just started swooning for my boy, so I decided to keep him that way. Eventually, he ended up being one of my favorite characters to write.

6. Blake loves olives on everything.

7. Emery has never had a first kiss; yet.

8. Nobody in the group knows Cameron's middle name, and he intends on keeping it that way.

9. Asher's middle name is Lynn. Yes, he hates it.

10. Ian's the only person left in the group who doesn't have a driver's license.