Chapter 44

| Siblings are always meant to fight, no matter the occasion |

Today's the third day of our week long vacation and I honestly am glad we didn't have to prepare for the Mid-Autumn festival. I know, it's an important celebration but it's still a laborious feat to do that.

Anyway, were in the province of my waipo, just a few kilometres away from City A where we live. After our mini reunion, mom decided to go to her mother's province since it's not too far away from our place. Besides, she also wanted us to meet our grandma and appreciate the moon along the way.

My brother can only grumble in his breath about how he can only see trees and mountains and not girls making me snicker. His head is just filled with girls, there's nothing I can do more about it.

"Remember, your grandma is someone who loves to talk, she also loves drinking so tell her that she can't drink anymore- maybe one but no more than that! Also, answer everything she questions and just... enjoy" she said bleakly, I understand the need of my mother's words since grandma is a boisterous person.

"You won't come with us?" My brother asked with a disbelief tone. "You'll leave us with grandma? For the whole day?" Horrified, my mother nodded.

I can't really blame my brother, just the thought of grandma sloppily kissing us and her god forbidden addiction to alcohol and the fact that she's great with food but it has too many spices for us to eat, in short, I understand him.

"Well, your mother and I are going on a date" my father stated as a matter of fact earning an exasperated sigh from my brother.

"You can't honestly leave us with grandma-"

"Hey! Don't talk about your grandma like that!" Mother scolded while I laugh at my brother's misfortune.

"Yeah, how can you say that!" I added making my brother glare at me in anger.

Well, siblings are like that, while some are happy, some are anxious, it's the way of life.

My mother scolded him for a while before dad decided to intervene and whisk her away in fear of being late on their date. The two of us can only wish for a smooth sailing day with grandma, after all she's one hell of a kind.

After meeting our grandma, a lot of affection and questions were thrown along the way. Grandma Bai is still vigorous even when she's already in her seventies.

I would also like to add that her sense of seeing and hearing can be on par with any young person and thus, had asked me about what my brother was busy whispering about.

"Oh, you know grandma? Just the old memories, the time where she pushed me in the ground as she cried on mom telling me that I was the one in the wrong. Oh- also the first time she went to school and the fact that she have a boyfriend, nothing more"

I grew more embarrassed when I saw grandma's eyes on me, her lips in a wide grin as she bang the table.

"Hao, Hao, Hao! Whose the luck guy?"

My brother gloated at my misfortune and snickered on the side as I glared at him, wanting to cut his grin on his face. I clenched my hands and looked at grandma before smiling.

"I have grandma, well don't worry, gege have one and he's planning to propose to her!"

Ha! Suck that brother!

"That's great! Ai, I can finally rest in peace seeing you all this happy! That old man must be alone, ai, its the perfect time to leave eh? Bring them to me- no, call them, now!"

Uh-oh, did I mention that once Grandma decided on something, she wouldn't let go of it? Goodness gracious, were doomed.

Me and my brother looked at one another with the same thought, f*ck.

...

"Gege~"

If I heard that months ago, I would have turn around with a smile and coddle my little sister with affection but now, I don't think so.

She's already a woman and is currently on her quest to rope her dream man.

"What is it Shu Jian?" I ask with slight suspicion, I had never knew her mind in the past and now, it's even more murky.

"Just wanted to remind you of our deal, you know? Three days ago?" She said with the most innocent smile I could see.

Goodness, I almost forgot about that. Well, leave it to Shu Jian to remember things that shouldn't be remembered.

Now I'm afraid to know of her decision, geez, why did I strike a deal with her again? Oh, it's because I wanted to meet Feng-er and to do that, I need to leave without anyone's eyes on me.

"Well, what is it you want?" I quirk my brows as she bit her lip before musing.

"Just... don't get mad"

Nope.

I'm mad, really mad, I don't even know why I shouldn't be mad at her but I just know I'll be after hearing her thoughts. She caused a lot of trouble and well, I admit she help me countless of times- scratch that, it was a deal for goodness sake!

I try to even my breathe and calm myself, I can't go all angry at her, she'll probably hide and never tell me about it.

"What did you do?" I calmly asked, well, as calm as possible but I don't think she sensed it cause she's fidgeting.

"Well...." She draws out making me itch in frustration.

"Well?"

She didn't answer for a minute or so but it felt like it was a hundred of years making me narrow my eyes on her. She opened her lips before closing it and repeating the action further aggravating me when she finally responded.

"I might have tattle tale...to father.... about teacher Feng"

"Hao Shu Jian! You're dead meat!"

She screamed her lungs out before I lunged to her, let's just say that it ended with a lot of ear jerking and limbs flailing.

Notes:

Wàipó, meaning grandmother in your mother's side.
Appreciating the moon is a part of the tradition in China when it's the Mid-Autumn festival.
While some are happy, some are anxious, meaning one man's disaster is another man's delight.

***
Hi people! Well, how is the chapter? It's more of a sibling duo, Feng Mian and Gu Jia as well as Ming Chen and Shu Jian.

Anyways, online class is real ugh, our professors finally graced us with their presence and of course, it means more work. I don't know if I can upload everyday but I'll try to, I will.

That's it folks, thank you so much for the votes and comments! Love y'all! Stay safe and healthy okay?!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!