xxxv - may i have this dance

♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

I blushed at his comment as he placed a soft kiss on my cheek . I felt my whole face warm up at his touch as I smiled. I'm glad that my conversation with Alex went well last night and that he promised to tell his parents because I wouldn't want anyone else next to me . Although I never go back on my word, my heart wanted Warren here . He's helped me find myself and my strength in the last couple weeks . And knowing he was waiting for me when I was done gave me a sense of relief.

"Thank you but you're wrong . Delilah was the most beautiful one our there," I say as I look over at me sister , who was now staring lovingly into her husband's eyes.

"Say what you will but my eyes were only focused on one woman and I happen to be the lucky one to accompany her ," Warren said as he placed his hand on my knee, instantly firing up my body .

The group we were sat with consisted of mostly the other bridesmaids and their significant other, so they all know about Warren and I. It does seem that we still have some explaining to do with our families as both my parents and his exchanged confused glances our way.

I was starving after a long day of prepping and picture taking , so when the food finally arrived, I couldn't quite wait for the pastor to bless the food. I snuck in pieces here and there and once he said 'amen' I was vacuuming up my plate . Warren chuckled beside me and said , "don't eat too fast or else you'll get indigestion."

I suppose he remembers that one dinner I inhaled when we visited Trip and I thought I was dying . Good call and I slowed down my pace . He opened his dinner jacket and pulled out a little packet of tums just in case . To others this may be awkward but that gesture melted my heart because he got me . In the short time we reconnected,  he got me.

Once they cleared our first two courses from the table the MC got back on the stage to get the programmed dances underway. The first one is the father daughter dance . Then they'll invite all the male guests to come and take Delilah for a twirl around the floor . And next the mother son dance to which he'll invite all the women .

When Henry's dance finally finished with his mom , I was the first one up. We smiled widely at each other as he embraced me and lifted me off the floor, "sis!! We finally did it. I got the girl," he grinned.

"Seems like you got the girl in Mr. Peterson's class. Which I think would've been hilarious if you guys invited him," I joked.

"We should have!" He agreed as he took my hand and we began to sleep across the dance floor.

"So , you're not really with Alex?" He asked me , now that I was sober .

I shook my head, "nope. He was just helping me not be embarrassed to show my face around Dylan."

"Dylan was a total asshat. You know I beat the crap out of him when I found out what he did to you?" He tells me .

"No, but thank you for standing up for me," I say .

"I threatened to disown him as my brother if he actually married that psychopath," he confesses.

"Really?" I was surprised.

"Aria, you're my sister now . Although it would have been sweet to be related to you in two ways, I'm more than happy that it's through your sister. You didn't deserve what happened . And Dylan was clearly not in his right mind. What kind of brother would I be if I stayed quiet?" He says as he spins me out and back in.