𝟐𝟒 - 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐎𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

(y/n)'s POV

My ship sped through hyperspace. I had no destination, all I knew was I needed to get away, far away. The republic ship I had taken was running low on fuel, as I had been flying for hours through endless space now.

My heart rate hadn't slowed down all day and my breathing was jagged and heavy. I was in a state of shock, what had I done?

A small red notice began to flash on the ship's control panel and emergency autopilot was activated as the ship began to slow out of hyperspace and lower to the nearest planet without my control.

And ofcourse, that planet was Tatooine.

The yellow sand planet was even more plain closer up. The ship lowered onto one of its dunes, blowing the grains up into the air and causing a sand cloud to cover my view from out of the window.

The ramp lowered, I shuffled down whilst holding my hand up across my face to protect from the blaring double sunlight.

As the sand once again settled, I glanced around for any sign of a nearby city or even Anakin's home town Mos Espa. But there was nothing for the eye could see, just miles and miles of rolling sand dunes.

My emotions and Body were worn out and exhausted. I didn't even care that I was going to die out here in the searing suns of Tatooine.

Giving into my fate, I collapsed onto my back and lay sprawled in the burning sand. In this moment, I thought back to everything that had happened in the last year. How much my life had changed. Leaving the Sith was one thing but actually falling in love with a jedi, then becoming one myself was a completely different one.

When did it all go so wrong?

Wasn't it only yesterday that I stood on the bridge of the Sith dreadnaught, taking orders from Count Dooku and discussing ways to destroy the Jedi? Wasn't it only yesterday that Iwas sent out to capture Anakin?

Anakin. What must he think of me now?

I fled from him on the worst terms. He was all worked up about the order finding out about us, he had gotten so frustrated and the way he looked at me...in that moment I really thought he wanted to kill me. l

why was he so angry at me, wasn't it him who admitted he loved me first?

Even after seeing him like that though, there wasn't anything i wouldn't do for him. I loved that Jedi more than anything.

My whole body was dehydrated, not even sweat could form on my forehead. As my tongue dried up, my eyes began to flutter shut. My last thought traveled to this one question alone, where did I belong now?

Hours later

My eyes flickered open and I winced as I sat up achingly. Surprisingly I was not in the sand, but on the ramp of another republic ship. I looked around in confusion, I knew I was still on tatooine as the sand blew into my eyes, blindining me momentarily. When my vision returned I noticed another figure who crouched beside me.

"lucky I got here when I did"

"Obi-Wan! wha- what are you doing here?"

The familiar Jedi stroked his beard and studied my face in a concerned manner "I came to get you of course, you need to come home right away"

"no-" I scrambled up onto my feet and started to back away from him "no, I can't come back, you don't know what I've done, he won't want to see me, he's better off without me and I'll be expelled, I-"

"(y/n)...(y/n)" he hushed, standing up and grabbing my shoulders, bringing me back to the present.

I avoided his eyes and looked over to his ship instead "how- how did you even find me?"

"I was on my way back from a mission, I recognized you're ship from miles away, even though it didn't come up on my scanners I knew it was you. When I noticed you're ship's radars were turned off and that you were heading to Tatooine of all places, I realised something must be very wrong. And from the sound of it, I was right?"

"they know, the council know"

He didn't say a word just nodded in understanding

"and, I-...killed Athena. It was an accident i swear! I just got so angry and I couldn't stop myself" I scoffed at the very words coming out my mouth and sat back down on the ramp of his ship.

"What sort of jedi am I if I can't even control my emotions. CAN'T YOU SEE, I DON'T BELONG ANYWHERE" I punched my hand down on the metal ramp with a thud.

He came to sit beside me and calmy responded "you're not the first person I've heard say that" he referred to Anakin, laying a hand on my back reassuringly "(y/n), I need to tell you something" his expression turned somber as he lowered his head.

"There was an attack on the Jedi temple, a group who called themselves servants of the empire. The Jedi did their best to fight them off but they were cornered. Anakin was left to fight against all of these masked soldiers alone. He did his best, better than any of the others could do ofcourse...but..."

My eyes searched his face, his hesitation wasn't a good a sign "what?..what's going on Obi-Wan?"

"He was shot, multiple times, they just...didn't stop. Eventually, the other Jedi managed to claw them off him but these masked murderers managed to escape from our clutches"

My breathing quickened once again "what about anakin, IS HE DEAD?"

Obi-Wans eyes met mine "he's in critical condition, they don't know if he's going to make it. he's been dropping in and out of consciousness but everytime he comes to, he asks if they've found you, where you are, if you're safe...(y/n), he needs you"

I bit my lip as it began to quiver, Anakin was the only thing holding me together through all of this. If i lost him...no I can't even think about

"but Obi-Wan, I- I can't "

"(Y/N)" this was the first time I'd ever heard him raise his voice "if he doesn't make it, you will regret not going back for the rest of your life. But, if he does make it...he will never forgive you for not being there when he needed you most"

I dropped my head into my hands and pulled my fingers through my hair.

"Take it from me (y/n), he doesn't let go so easily. If you don't come back now, you never can"

And with that, he stood up and walked up the ramp towards the pilots seat. He turned round to face me once more

"well? are you coming or not?"