Knights Are The Ones That Save Royalty (2)

"Isn't this perfect, my King?" Lila Rossi drawled, her tone laced with pure sweetness and sugar. She lifted a finger to an arm of the male beside her, and trailed circles on it. They were slow and precise, giving off the impression that they were meaningful in a sense.

Marin didn't provide a verbal reply. He simply nodded, his locks - midnight on one half and red on the other - shaking with the movement. His scalp was a line of white, that separated the two colours down the middle of his head.

A faint wind blew across the horizon, breezing past the two figures and ruffling their gowns of velvet and gold. The cloak draped over Fashion King's shoulders hiked up the slightest bit, allowing passersby to catch a glint of the black spots plastered on the inside of it.

Footsteps resounded behind. They turned in unison, only to be met with the sight of a teen dressed in charcoal black leather. Chat Noir panted, his chest heaving as he shortened his baton and held it out as a means of defence.

Lila, Fashion Queen, allowed a cackle to pierce the silent atmosphere surrounding them all. She took a confident step forward, making Adrien move back in accordance and flick his emerald eyes about whilst doing so.

"Well, if it isn't the little sidekick to Red Beetle," she spat out, venom infused within her words. "It's been a while since we've last seen each other."

The blond's expression morphed into that of an angered soul. He commanded, "What did you do to Marin, Lila? There was no need to bring him into this. This is between you and me, and it doesn't concern him in the slightest."

"It should be obvious. What's a queen without her king? A weak akuma, that's what. Thanks to Hawk Moth, I'll finally be able to destroy you pathetic excuses for heroes, and with a ruler by my side."

Chat Noir grit his teeth. Restrained anger radiated off of him in waves, only helped by his tense muscles and glinting fangs. He turned to Marin, disregarding his primary enemy and instead pleading, "Prince, please. Try and break free from the akuma, I know you wouldn't want any of this!"

"It's no use," the nearby Italian cut in. A smirk danced on her lips, that were partly hidden by a pair of elegant brown curls draping down to her chin.

He felt a growl start up at the back of his throat. Without much thinking, nimble fingers split his staff into two, then positioned them offensively. "I will save you from her, Marin," he whispered.

Said male felt his mismatched pupils widen. One of them - that was surrounded by patches of dull black as if to represent a ladybird - held a spark of warmth, though it was snuffed out as soon as Lila began to speak again.

"We'll see if you can," he intoned, his voice rich with monotony and robotic essence.

None noticed the scarlet kwami watching from off to the side, tears pooling in her eyes as her holder charged forward with hurtful intent in mind. Tikki scanned about, goal vague until she narrowed her focus on a flash of familiar studs, settled within Marin's earlobes.

"Something tells me we're going to need those..." she breathed.

~*~*~

Violet bubbles of magic cascaded down a girl's form in ripples, revealing an orange jacket and spotted dress to the outside world. She let out a groan on instinct, feeling her numb body regain feeling as she slowly tilted her head up to peer about. What greeted her was the sight of metal beams from the Eiffel Tower, along with paved tarmac beneath her knees.

"Lila Rossi, you're under arrest for acts of treason and aiding a national terrorist on Parisian grounds," someone droned from out of the blue nearby. A pair of large hands encased her wrists, which were soon replaced by cold metal cuffs.

She screeched - her vocals cords burning from the strain of the sudden act - yet it didn't stop the red-haired officer in navy from pushing her over to a police cruiser, parked off to the side from where she'd first come to her senses.

Cameras flashed about in clusters.

"Prince..."

Mister Bug exhaled a relieved sigh from chapped lips. However, he soon lathered them in saliva again, if only to quell his nerves. The head he cradled to his chest was loose and hanging, left without a single muscle to keep it up.

He glanced to the teenager crouched in front of him. "Thanks for the help, Luka," he said, soft to assure that his partner did not wake up from his exhausted slumber.

"It was no problem," the musician assured, just as gently whilst he reached to card a hand through the tresses of Marin's raven fringe. "I hope he's okay..."

Adrien nodded in agreement, though his determined features soon shifted into a mix of jealousy and suspicion as he looked between Luka's flushed cheeks and dazed expression aimed at Marin.

"Say...you two wouldn't happen to be together, would you...?"

The only evidence of shock from the other boy was the widening of his eyes, but they soon returned to their normal size as he scratched the nape of his neck out of nervousness. "No, we're not," he denied, a tinge of longing in his spoken syllables.

Mister Bug rose a doubting brow, yet his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a nickname murmured against the surface of his chest. "Kitty..." Marin had said, though it was hard to tell when he was muffled by his red plate of impenetrable armour.

The ladybug hero felt his skin flare with a shade of hot pink. The wave of warmth that had descended upon his heart was overwhelming, sending mixed signals and haywire emotions around within his skull. He stood abruptly, ignoring the press behind him as he pulled his crush's figure closer to his torso (in an almost possessive manner).

"I'll be taking my Prince home now, and again: thank you for helping me bring him back." He confessed, "I don't think I'll ever forget having to fight him today."

Luka rose to meet his level of height. "Tell Marin I'm glad he's okay," he whispered, smiling with creases at the edges of his eyes. "And that I hope he's able to get his energy back soon."

"I will," Mister Bug agreed, determination surging through his veins. He took out the yo-yo settled at his hip, and spun it in vigorous rotations before turning around. One last wish kept his goal concrete as he tugged and soared across the horizon like his namesake.

You'll be safe with me, M'Lord. I promise.