---Log Entry---

--Log Entry from S.S. Delaney Engineer, Jason Campbell.

-- Message recorded 8-25-2070.

--Uploaded to S.S. Delaney on 1-10-2072.

Father says I have to let go.

But I can't.

He says I'm going to have to do what I've been trained to do. And I can do everything he asks, except for that.

I've known her for so long. Even in the Dorms, before I met father, she was strong. She's always been strong. And she's been my friend when no one else was. She doesn't want me like I want her, but so what? It's been so hard, lying to her, especially because I think she's worthy of being saved.

Father has cautioned me against this. He says I'm mistaking "strong" for "idealistic" and "radical." She's all about the cause, and will do anything to complete her directives. While I know this, to me, this is what also means she's strong.

If I do it, if I kill her, it would be a waste.

In killing her, father has reminded me that even those that are Cleansed are saved, saved from failure and pain.

He has saved so many. He has strengthened so many. But she's already strong. She just needs to see the truth, like I did all those years ago. She deserves the chance.

On the cameras, I saw her with the sample Guin brought back. If she's had contact with the substance, she should change soon.

If I can't make her see the truth, then I'll have to do as I'm told.

But I---I can't. I know I can't. Am I weak after all?