you think she forgot your birthday

Waking up to an empty bed isn't exactly how you envisioned the start of your birthday. Curious as to where Jisoo could be, you got out of bed to look for her. You checked everywhere upstairs first but a sinking feeling in your heart appeared when she was nowhere to be found.

"Jisoo?" You called out, and you hadn't ever felt more relieved to hear her voice in return.

"Y/N?" She yelled back.

Following the sound of her voice into the kitchen, you saw her standing at the counter with her back turned to you. She looked marvelous in one of her favorite dresses.

You snuck up behind her. She was scrolling through her phone, busying herself with whatever was on it until you wrapped your arm around her making her jump.

"What are you up to?"

There was no hiding the excitement in your voice. You figured she had something planned for your birthday, even if it was just the two of you here at home with some takeout or a nice home-cooked meal. On your special day, there was really nowhere and no one else you'd rather spend it with.

But she quickly locked her phone to hide whatever she was doing from you.

"Nothing." She said quickly as she turned around and gave you a kiss on your cheek.

"You look so pretty. Do you have something planned for today?"

Her breath hitched in her throat before she shook her head. "Nope. Just gonna hang out with the girls."

Your heart sank deep in your chest. She was just joking... right?

"Oh. Really? I thought we'd spend the day together."

"We can spend tonight together! I just have something really important that I have to do with them." She said and gave you a quick kiss before she reached for her phone.

"You really forgot... didn't you?" You spoke sadly as you toyed with your fingers and frowned.

She turned back at you when she heard your voice. "Forgot what, baby?" She played clueless as she tried to ignore the tug at her heart upon seeing you so sad.

"My birthday. You forgot today's my birthday?"

Biting down on her lip, she sighed sadly. Letting the cat out of the bag after planning this special day band this special surprise for you wasn't something she wanted to do. But she couldn't stand the thought of you thinking she'd forget something so important.

"Of course I didn't." She said as she stepped closer to you.

"But you said-"

"I know what I said, Y/N." She chuckled. "I said I had something important to do with the girls and I meant that. I was just gonna take off and come home in a few hours to take care of what I need to do. But the thought of you being so sad breaks my heart." She put her hands on your arms, brushing her fingers along your skin. "You're really gonna make me tell you?"

You stood there looking puzzled. Your eyebrows were raised. You looked confused, completely unaware of what she was hinting toward.

"I planned a surprise party for you!"

You gasped and the look of shock in your eyes made her chuckle. "That's the look I was going for, but it was supposed to be later on when I surprised you by picking you up and taking you down to the hall where the girls and our families and friends are."

You didn't know what to say. But you didn't really need to say anything. Throwing your arms around her to hug her tightly said it all.

"You're really doing that for me?"

She tucked a lock of hair behind your ear and nodded. "You're my girl. I'd do anything for you." She smiled. "Technically, it is my idea but the girls insisted that they all help out."

You hugged her again and this time, you didn't let go until you absolutely had to.

"That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me! Thank you." You looped your arms around her neck and went to kiss her but she placed her index finger over your lips first.

"I love you. Please don't ever think I'd forget such a special day. You're always the most important thing in my life. No matter how busy I get, I would never forget the things important to you; to us." She promised. "Now give me a kiss so I can head out the door and finish setting up your party."

You laughed and kissed her softly. It was too short for both of you, but it would just have to suffice for now.

"Act surprised later." She giggled and kissed the tip of your nose. "Happy birthday my beautiful girl. I'll be back as soon as I can. Just a couple of hours. Have fun until I get back. Do whatever your heart desires." She kissed you once more before grabbing her things and heading out the door, leaving you feeling more excited than you've felt in a long time.