Chapter 22

I was still shocked with his reply when someone barged in. 

"Lucian! Lucian! I'm looking for you!" A sweet voice called from the top of the stairs. She had a voice as melodic as a lark. She descended the stairs in a ruby red dress made of the softest silk, her golden blond curls bounced behind her. At last she stared at us with her large violet eyes and asked, "We have guests?" 

"Rachelle, my love!" the eyes of the god of light lit up at the entrance of Rachelle. He walked over and placed his hand around her waist. Rachelle responded by looking lovingly at him.

I covered my eyes with my hand, I wanna puke. It's been more than three thousands years and they still acted like this. 

"Oh! You're the gentleman who visited us quite a few years ago!" Rachelle gasped. "Please don't anger Lucian this time. Lucian refused to do that thing you suggested. You should not force people to do something they don't like!"

Ah, here it came! Rachelle's genius logic! I glanced at the god of order's face. Not an ounce of annoyance appeared on his face. He simply ignored Rachelle. 

"Lucian, you must be tired standing here! Let's go to the study first!" Rachelle suggested as she tugged the god of light, Lucian, in a certain direction. 

"Of course, my love," Lucian smiled dotingly at her. Ever since Rachelle came into the scene, the god of light had not once looked at us again. 

"Do you want tea?" Rachelle asked me. "You looked really familiar. Have we met somewhere?" 

So this Rachelle had lost all memories of our past? I guessed together with the memories of her stabbing her beloved Lucian too. If she had remembered, I was pretty sure they wouldn't just live happily ever after like this, Rachelle would surely utter something like she didn't deserve the god of light and ran away. It's just her personality to do something like that. 

What would happen if I unleashed her hidden memories? It must be fun. I was entertaining the idea when the god of order suddenly grabbed my hand. He looked at me with warnings in his eyes. As expected, the god of order could guess my devious thoughts. The smile on my face widen as I mouthed 'See if you can stop me'. That's when I realized the mute spell had been lifted. He never punished me for long. 

His hold over my hand increased. "As I said, you cannot revive a mortal," the god of order repeated the same line for who knew how many times. 

"But you said you would do the same!" the god of light cried as if betrayed. 

"You cannot revive a mortal." This time he put the emphasis on the word 'mortal'. 

Ah, right I was not a mortal. So just like a god, technically I could be revived. I bet the god of order wanted to revive me just so he could continue punishing me. 

"It's been like what? Nearly five hundred years since the incident! And you complain now?" 

"You cannot revive a mortal," the god of order repeated again. "For the past five hundred years, she's just a ghost. A ghost inside a mannequin. But a ghost nonetheless. It's not my responsibility supervising the business of a ghost. It's the goddess of death's responsibility. But now things change. Don't you agree?" The gray eyes of the god of order pierced at the god of light in front of him. Amid the grays, flecks of silver shimmered. 

"So that's why..." Lucian trailed off. 

So that's why the god of order didn't intervene earlier. But why now? 

"I just want to fulfill the wish of Rachelle! Rachelle means everything to me! I don't want her to suffer!" 

"Lucian!" Rachelle cried, her huge violet eyes grew misty. "We didn't do anything wrong! We just want to fulfill our wish!"