𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚞𝚜: babysitting

This is a flashback, to the day taehyung asked jisoo out.

Jisoo's phone signals a phone call, the ear-damaging ring tone permeating through her room. The girl had been frantically trying to follow the sound in useless attempts to locate it and it frustrates her beyond words can describe.

Almost having given up, she throws her body on the soft mattress, groaning when the side of her face hit something solid under the blankets "gotcha!" immediately, she slips it out and hurries to answer as the ringing in her head goes on

"Hey?" She brings the phone to her ears before quickly reading the contact "oh, taehyung! What's up?"

Ragged breathing on the line 'Jisoo! My god, I need your help. Please, just come over' 

"What-" the phone call comes to an end "hello?" worry takes over the brunette after the sudden hang up and she hurries to her closet, throws on the first decent items she found: denim shorts and a grey Nike hoodie above her lilac camisole. Next thing she knew, she had her sneakers on and was running in the streets, hastily spreading some sunscreen on her pale complexion.

Her mind goes into full panic mode when she finds the door to his apartment neither locked nor closed. Was it a thief? An armed person? Was Taehyung fine? Is he safe?

Queries flood her mind, senses becoming hyper sensitive as she nervously pushes the door "taehyung?"

She walks into the living room, his familiar scent filling her lungs but the way cushions were thrown everywhere didn't allow time for inhaling his much missed perfume. She could've sworn she was about to jump through the opened window when Taehyung walks into the room, his hair sticking out in every direction and his eye bags the darkest they've ever been.

Jisoo breathes out visibly "What in the world happened" she walks over to him, concern stitched into her gentle eyes. "A- are you okay?"

Taehyung's eyes barely watered, but it was enough for Jisoo to notice "no" he whispered "baby sitting is the hardest thing I've ever done" the man grabs his hair and closes his eyes "Jesus I feel the fucking head ache on its way to hit like a god damn truck" 

He groaned "please, Jisoo. Jiyoon and her husband went on another of their dates and left chae here without even telling me"

He slowly sits on the couch, Jisoo mirroring his actions with an amused smile "I literally opened my eyes to chae crying next to me. I- I was so confused, thinking this baby fell from the sky or something" he laughs at how ridiculous it sounds now that he's said it out loud "she's out of control. Please, you're the only person I could call. Will you stay and help?" He pleaded with those enchanting honey orbs and she knew better than to refuse.

As if on cue, baby chaeyoung runs in with papers clutched in both her hands, dressed in a very misplaced diaper.

Splotches of paint were covering her chubby cheeks as she ran into another one of the rooms and taehyung stared in terror.

"My paint"

he managed to speak before scurrying into his bedroom. Jisoo smiles his way, getting into his mess kind of made her happy.

She follows the little girl's steps and calls out "chaeyoungie?" Her voice echos in what seems to be another bedroom. "Come here"

The toddler runs into her arms, engulfing her in a hug. "Miss Kim!" Jisoo smiles at her and picks her up.

"Oh, look at you" she coos "he hadn't fed you, has he? Are you hungry? Let's get your diaper off first" jisoo hurries off with the baby.

She hums along multiple nursery rhymes to keep chaeyoung calm while dressing her up in clothes taehyung had given her.

"Are you hungry?" She asked the drained boy, "I'll make something for us to eat"

"I'd be grateful" he murmured, a hand over his eyes.

After looking through his fridge, jisoo made the three of them some eggs. The older two each got instant ramen on the side.

They gather around the table and eat, taehyung basically inhaling his noodles in a matter of seconds while jisoo fed chaeyoung. She really couldn't help but feel a sense of euphoria around him. His mere existence made her joyous.

It felt like they were a family. Jisoo flushes at the thought. Maybe one day..

She notices taehyung's plate still full of eggs, only a little bite eaten. God, she had two babies on her hands.

Now that chaeyoung had eaten her share, the baby was getting drowsy. It was a matter of tucking her into bed and kissing her forehead that left her snoring.

The female then directs her attention to him, his eyes fighting to stay awake.

"Tae"

"What?" He looks at her chopsticks, facing his direction with a mouthful of eggs.

Oh. She wants to feed him.

Bite after bite, he clears the whole plate, jisoo feeding him in pleasant silence. His eyes are shut, completely giving in to her. Jisoo wondered if he was sleep-eating. She carried the plates into the dishwasher, wiped the table, vacuumed the floor and made two cups of tea.

His steaming beverage is placed before him on the table. "Tea, tae" she laughed as she settles herself in the other seat.

Taehyung was studying jisoo's face when he whispered "will you be my girlfriend?"

There was a moment of stillness. Even the air held its breath. A roseate hue took residence on jisoo's features.

Before she could answer, someone was crying.

"Fuck!" Jisoo cursed for the first time, setting off to get the baby.

Taehyung sat in absolute embarrassment; his heart was going haywire. It was like bass beating inside his body. He hastily gets off his chair and follows jisoo's traces.

There she was, his beloved. Shushing the little human in her warm embrace. Taehyung found himself grinning like an idiot. Would that be his view on the daily- if they had children?

He watches her intently, placing chaeyoung down and securing her under the blankets.

His panic system sounds an alarm. She was coming his way. But fuck no was he backing down.

Just as she steps out of the room, he grabs her arm and pushes her to the wall next to them. Her eyes were wide with shock.

"You scared me!"

The female holds her breath when he leans into her ear. "will you be my girlfriend?" his husky whisper fills her mind and somewhere starts throbbing. 

"I.." she avoided his exquisite eyes. "Yes" her voice was tiny, the flush on her face only deepening with every second.

Taehyung's jaw was visibly clenched when a blush seeped into the tips of his ears. He tried his best to look intimidating, but how could he hold back his grin when she looked so vulnerable right in front of his eyes?

They were stargazing in the depths of each other's orbs.

"Boop!" Jisoo squeezed his nose. She had no idea why, but it seemed like she needed to do that. His face lights up with a cheeky grin.

God, this corny couple.