CHAPTER 19

(Caution: this chapter is a bit boring :D, but is essential to know more about Arnav's personality, why he is rude, strict, non-emotional, non-believer of God, of love, of commitment ... and more importantly what had happened between Arnav and Tania)

Monday @ AR ... Noon

It was a new day but with the same routine for Khushi, she arranges his cabin and files, give him his schedule in the morning and stick to her desk. But today she was getting more confused with Arnav's behavior. She was avoiding him and he knows that but still he didn't say anything nor he tried to make her do his things like before when he was making her run here and there. Not that she complain about it but it was confusing her to some extent. Yesterday too when she was in his house he didn't say anything nor he passes some remark about her. As much as she knew about Arnav he doesn't like if someone ignores him then why he is not getting angry?

After lunch Khushi was preparing for the next meeting that Arnav has to attend in half an hour. One file was missing which has the quotes to be given to the client. She checks her desk and cupboard in her cabin but she couldn't find that file. She stops to think where did she put it, and she remembers that she has given that file to the peon to give it to Arnav to check it. So she moves into his cabin, she knew Arnav has gone to Akash's cabin for lunch so she has to be quick to find the file and move out of his cabin. Khushi checked Arnav's table but the file was not there so she moves towards the cupboard and started to look for the file. She searches all the files on her level of sight but couldn't find it so she has to look above but her height didn't allow her to. She looks here and there to find something to stand on, she find the small table near the sofa. She put the decoration piece on the sofa and brings the table near the cupboard; she held one rack of cupboard and pushes herself upwards. Now she was standing on the table. She scans the area for the file, and yes she finds the file. She pulls out the file and open to check if indeed it was that file she was looking for.

Suddenly the door open with a loud voice and Khushi quickly turn around to see who was it and loses her balance and fall backwards, she yelps and the file falls from her hand. She closes her eyes tightly waiting to hit the hard floor any second but it never came. She felt something warm was holding her. She slowly opens her eyes to see the brown eyes looking down at her. Her face transform into a shock expression finding herself in the arms of Arnav Singh Raizada.

Arnav was looking down at the beauty in his arms ... her soft body touching his hard one ... wearing a simple pink top with long white skirt. He felt his heart beats becoming faster with each second. His face showing concern, he saw her standing on the table and about to fall when he opened the door. His heart literally skiped a beat thinking that she will get hurt and in a reflex he run to catch her.

"tum thek ho? (Are you alright?)", asked Arnav in a concerned voice, thinking that does she twisted her foot or not.

"huh ...  ?",  Khushi was totally lost in his brown depths.

"Khushi (Arnav paused a sec)  tum thek ho? Did you hurt your ankle? Arnav asked again giving a slight jerk to her body.

"haan ..hum ... hum thek hain ( yes .. I am ... I am alright)", Khushi said pondering over the fact that why Arnav hadn't started shouting on her like before when she bumped into him and spilled hot coffee all over him. Remembering the incident her anger builds up, she wiggle in his arms and said with an irritated tone, "leave me".

Arnav slowly put her down on her feet in a way that her body slides against his front in a slow sensual way. Khushi breath caught in her throat at the sensual contact of his body against her. Arnav was looking at her face noticing her every expression ... first dazed ... then irritation ... then anger and now again back to dazed one.
Khushi now stood on her foot, her hands on Arnav's chest looking into his eyes. Arnav's one hand was at her back and other holding her arm. Arnav slowly move his hand on her back in upward and downward direction. The movement seems to make Khushi come out of trance and she pushed Arnav, "Apki himat kaise hui? (how dare you?), said Khushi in irritating tone.
"Huh ...?", asked Arnav totally confuse at her tone.