{26}

"This is your plan?" Brie asked John B, "If I knew your plan involved me dressing up like some bourgeoisie pig, then I wouldnt have agreed."

JJ smirked at her from the front of the boat, his smile making her cheeks burn. God, he was so annoyingly charming sometimes.

"Well I think you'll look drop-dead gorgeous," JJ winked. "Looking forward to seeing what Brie Landon looks like as a Kook."

She couldn't help but blush harder at his comment, turning her head slightly to hide her reaction from him. She did not want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he could make her blush so easily.

She jumped out of the boat and onto the dock at Haywards, where her bike was still propped up against the side of the building where she had left it earlier. Thank god Pope's dad hadn't made Pope move it after the arrest or she would have been screwed.

She turned to look at JJ and John B again, groaning as her shoulders dropped. She never much liked John B's plans, on account of them being so ridiculously stupid, but this one was just plain annoying. Never again did Brie think that she would have to be attending an event filled with entitled snobs and their borderline psychopathic offspring.

"Why do I have to do this bullshit again?" Brie asked.

"So you're acting as a kind of inside agent," John B reminded her, "You've got to blend in with the Kooks and try to keep off suspicion. You're also letting the others know that we have a plan in action, so that they know to be on guard. Then JJ and I will handle the rest. I'm sure Kiara will lend you a dress or something for the party."

"Long time since I wore a dress," she sighed. "And a long time since I had to fit in with Kooks. Damn, there had better be alcohol at this thing."

"Hey, you'll be fine," John B reassured her. "Just try not to get caught out by any Kooks, and please try not to get trashed. We'll see you in a couple of hours, okay?"

"No promises on the whole getting trashed thing," she sighed, "Pretty sure being drunk off my ass is the only thing that will make those Kooks even slightly tolerable."

"Brie," John B warned with a harsh glare.

"Okay, fine!" She huffed, "I'll be good, alright? Promise."

JJ laughed at her as he took a seat by the front of the boat and John B began turning them away from the dock.

"We'll catch up with you later at the party, okay?" John B called out. "Stick to the plan."

"Hardly a plan, but okay," Brie mumbled under her breath, turning towards her bike.

Brie waved them off, blowing them a kiss. JJ dived over John B dramatically, almost throwing himself overboard as he leaped to catch the kiss. Brie burst out laughing as he waved his closed fist in victory where he has essentially managed to capture the kiss. John B just shook his head in annoyance, giving JJ a small shove that encouraged him to sit his ass back down.

"You're gonna do great!" JJ shouted, flashing her a thumbs up. "Go get 'em, princess!"

She smiled to herself, watching as the two boys got further and further away from the dock. Brie let out a sigh and  hopped onto her bike as soon as the Pogue disappeared from sight.

She was still worried about tonight, and John B's poorly laid out plan. Let's face it, the three of them weren't the most loved amongst the Kooks. Nothing ever seemed to go right for them when Kooks were around; hell, they'd been jumped by Rafe and Topper more times than Brie could count. And now even Kiara's family saw her as some sort of criminal, so Brie could pretty much be on her own with this one.