CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A/N- This book remains few chapters. This book should finally come to an end by next week. I just want to say you'll have been the best readers a writer can ever ask for. Thanks a lot for the support. I
l❤️ve you all three thousand. 🖤🖤                                                    

"Really Cars, there's no need to come back from your vacation. It's just a surgery, I don't need the whole world at the hospital doorstep."
"I'm not the whole world Hailey. I'm your brother, not the whole world. How would it be that my sister is about to undergo a major surgery and I'm on vacation?" He asked looking absolutely mortified.

"The kind of brother his sister told not to worry. Besides, mom probably exaggerated the whole thing. It's just a surgery that involves two things, I make it or I don't. See, as simple as that." I injected a cheer in my voice that I didn't feel at all.
I could see my brother's frown in the screen, "Don't talk about death that way. Also, we are your family so we always have to be there for you."

I saw the familiar Halls of the hospital as he was walking, "You're already here, aren't you?" I raised my brows in question.
"Yeah, I am. You didn't actually think I was going to listen to you right?" He smirked.

"Why doesn't anyone listen to me anymore?" I said to no in particular, more like a rhetorical question. But, trust Carson to answer it.
" 'cause you say stupid stuff everytime. Who says her brother should still keep having a vacation when his sister is about to undergo a major surgery? Only you," I heard a shuffling at the door and the door opened revealing my brother with lots of balloons and flowers, "Surprise!" He smiled.
I raised my brows in like 'Are you kidding me?' kind of way before I said, "It's not a surprise if I'm aware you are coming."

My brother sighed exparatedly, "Just go with the flow Hailey. Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked, looking tired and all.
I just realized how inconsiderate I've been. My brother got on a plane to see me and came straight from the airport to see me, jet lag and all.
I hopped off my bed and walked to hug him. I tried to memorize his deodorant, I hugged like he'll soon float away. Who knows, this may be the last time I'll see him. I want it to really count. It was always I and my brother against the world before Mason came.

When I was first diagnosed with cancer and my hair was falling off and I was feeling really ugly, crying every time. Carson was the one by my side. Mason came after my cancer has already been declared gone. When I was trying to grow my hair. Carson has been the best brother ever and I can't ask for anyone better.

"I'm actually happy to see you and I'll be happier if you actually bought chocolates from Paris. Did you?"
He smiled and retrieved a box from his coat. I took it gleefully and opened it. I paused before I started eating it, I was scared that I'll throw it up. I just took a bite and closed the rest. I decided to give the rest to Mason. We both have a thing for Paris chocolates.

"So where's is Serenity?" I asked Carson about his girlfriend.
"Oh, she's back at the house with Mom and Dad. She's responsible for the whole flowers and balloons." He smiled fondly. I can see he really loves her and I'm actually glad that he loves someone as amazing as her.

"So why didn't she come with you?" I asked
Carson shrugged, "She kept saying that she wants to respect your wish of us not coming to see you. She tried to convince me to do the same but I refused vehemently. She decided to get these things when I decided I was going to go."

I laughed, "She didn't know she has a mule head for a fiance," I stopped laughing and became serious. With sincerity shining in my eyes I told my brother how I truly felt, "I'm actually so glad who didn't listen to me and came. For a long time I've felt like a dead weight in you, Dad and Mom's life. I didn't want to feel like I ruined your vacation."
"Of course not! You are not a dead weight. You're my strong, independent and kick-ass sister." He smiled.