Chapter Fifty Three

Lee nudged my shoulder as the durmstrang boy walked past for the third time that hour, nodding in his direction, "I think you've got an admirer"
Withholding a snort, I shook my head, following his line of sight directly to Miles, "I don't think it's me he's looking at"
Catching on, Lee started snickering, hiding his face in my shoulder. Getting the feeling he was being talked about, Miles turned to face us, a small frown on his face.
"What?"
Forcing a blank look on to his face, Lee replied with a slightly strained 'Nothing', before dissolving back into laughter.
Now curious, Miles shuffled closer to us on the bench, "Whaaaaaaat?"
I snickered, "Look to your five o'clock"
Turning to look, Miles whipped around with a flushing face once making eye contact with the boy.
"Godric's Beard!"
"Go talk to him you wimp! He's been circling for the past hour"
"I can't just - just go up and talk to him!"
Lee and I exchanged incredulous looks, "um yes, yes you can"
I pushed him lightly in his direction, "now shoo!"
"This is abuse" he called back, before taking a deep breath and making his way over to the man.
Beside me, Lee leant back, observing the proceedings with interest.
"I've never seen him this flustered over... well, anyone"

"I can't say I have either" I agreed, smirk forming on my face, "this is going to be a very interesting relationship to watch him in"The two talked, before leaving together with smiles on their faces, both seemingly in a good mood

The two talked, before leaving together with smiles on their faces, both seemingly in a good mood.

"So who are you taking to the Yule Ball?" I asked, resting my head on my folded arms, watching people mill around the Great Hall.
"Well I was thinking about asking Katie Bell" Lee answered honestly, coating his waffle with syrup, "but she got asked out by a Seventh Year yesterday"
"Gross"
"Yeah... so I don't know who to take"
"How about taking Alicia Spinnet?"
Lee paused for a moment, before nodding thoughtfully, "not a bad idea"
"Why thank you, Lee. I am known to have those on some occasions"
Rolling his eyes, Lee took a big bite of waffle, before turning his attention to me.
"What about you?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, Fred hasn't asked you yet"
I hesitated, shaking my head slowly, "no"
"So are you going with him or not? I mean, are you even dating him?"
I blinked slowly, mouth gaping as I registered his words, "uhhh. Um, I guess I don't know. We've been on dates... and we kiss and ..." I trailed off, focusing intently on an indent in the table, mind racing, "I would be very upset if he did that with anyone else"
Lee nodded, a small frown pulling at his brows.
"I feel like I've somehow broken you without meaning to" he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck, "it was a silly question to ask, I'm sorry"
"No. No Lee it's not a silly question at all"
"Really-"
"Is this a thing boys do? ... No Fred wouldn't do that to me... right?"
Lee just coughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck, "I'm not going to lie I didn't mean to start this-"
"Just answer the question Lee!"
"Fine! Some guys have dodgy intentions if they refuse to put a label on things" seeing my expression drop, he scrambled to continue his sentence, "but we've known Fred since first year! He wouldn't risk that bond for a stupid tryst"
Feeling slightly better, I nodded, frown still present on my face, "I guess so"

Later that night Lee and I were sat in the corner, brainstorming ways to ask Alicia to the dance when George's voice carried loudly through the common room.
"Oi! Angelina!"
"What?"
"Want to come to the ball with me?"
Lee and I watched with barely restrained laughter as she gave him a look up and down, before nodding slightly, "All right then"
Angelina then turned back to Alicia with a smile on her face, carrying on the conversation.
The twins walked away from Harry and Ron with a spring in their step, out of the common room and out to who knows where.
"Well I can't just shout over and ask her now, she'll think I'm taking the mickey" Lee huffed, curling in on himself.
"Come on, it doesn't have to be that hard" I said, shoving his shoulder lightly, "just go up to her and ask if she would like to come with you. You're good friends, I'm sure she'll say yes"
Lee groaned, slightly more dramatically this time, and hit his head against the window pane.
"Why are women so scary?"
"Because you know we could kick your ass, now go. Ask her"
Lee frowned, folding his arms, "I'll go and talk to her as soon as you do the same with Fred"
I hissed quietly at the blow, faking a physical hit, "that one hurt me"
"I'm sorry, but I mean it"
Narrowing my eyes, I stared at him for a few seconds before conceding.
"Fine. You do this and I will have that talk with Fred. Are you happy?"
"Never happier"