Down

Jimin's point of view:

This brat! He woke me up for nothing!

"Jimin. Jimin" I hear my voice as I'm slightly being shaken.

I'm confused as I see Taehyung and Jungkook's smiling faces the first thing in the morning.

Wait-morning? It's still dark outside.

"What's happening?" I ask with a yawn.
"Let's go on an adventure" Jungkook says with a mischievous grin.
"Ok" I say, suddenly wide awake.

Jungkook gather yesterday nights leftovers, enough for the three of us.

"Why are you taking food with?" I ask with a tilt of my head.
"We're going into the forest today" he says, continuing to put enough food into a basket Yoongi weaved the other day.

"Why?" I ask.
"I want to investigate what I heard" he simply says.
"Why?" I ask again.
"Because I want to. You don't have to come" he says, already getting annoyed. Damn, why's he getting so defensive?

"Someone has to keep you two out of trouble" I say.
"Admit it. You just wanna come along" Taehyung says, seeing right through me. I hate how he does that sometimes.

"Whatever" I say as I grab my dagger and spear.

We start our journey in the same direction as last night. Jungkook goes off on his own to hunt a little while we're here. He always enjoyed the hunt.

"Do you really think he heard something?" I ask Taehyung. He just shrugs.
"I don't know. Guess we'll just have to find out" he says with a grin.

"It would be interesting if it was The Siren" Taehyung says thoughtfully. The Siren? I haven't thought of that...I quickly shake the impossible thought away.

"Can't be. Sirens live in the ocean. And Sirens aren't real" I give too valid reasons. He just grins to me.
"You'd never know" he says. I get chills up my spine.

"...I'm sure Sirens are hideous monsters" I amuse his idea a little.
"Apparently they have wings but why would they live at sea with wings? I would definitely be soaring above the earth, exploring" Taehyung says as he stretches his arms, running through the forest as if he could fly.

I run along with him, pretending I could fly myself with a huge smile on my face. So big that I couldn't see.

"Ok. Let's stop" I say as we slow down so that I can see again. We walk side by side again.

"...I've been thinking. Isn't it time to get out there and find a nice girl?" I ask, expressing my thoughts haunting me lately.
"What? To settle down? No ways" Taehyung says with a slight laugh.

"You better not leave us for some dumb girl" Taehyung says with a huge pout.
"I mean, we're not getting any younger" I reason.
"So? We still have our music to keep us young forever. And then we will travel the world" he says with a grin as he slings his arm around my neck, pulling me into his chest.

I smile at the thought.

"Aish, I'm never going to get a wife with you guys around" I whine as I push him away.
"No one can be good enough for our ChimChim anyway" he says with a grin.

"You're still using that nickname?" I ask in embarrassment.
"I think it's cute" he says with a sly smirk. I know he's just trying to embarrass me.

I was about to retort until Jungkook showed up. He had a few rabbits tied up to his person.

"You two went really far. Eager to hear the voice?" Jungkook asks with a sly smile.
"For sure!" Taehyung says excitedly before I could say 'no'.

We walk deeper and deeper into the forest as we keep conversation.