Chapter 24

TAYLOR'S POV:

When I was getting ready I couldn't stop thinking about last night and this morning. He helped me through a breakdown, and then I fell asleep next to him in the woods?

I don't really understand it either. I guess I was just wandering the forest when I saw him laying against the tree. His fist was bleeding a little bit, but I shook it off.

I thought he looked lonely, and I didn't exactly want to go back to my dorm. So I just sat next to him and fell asleep.

But what was he doing there in the first place? Had he followed me into the woods? Or was he just dealing with his own problems?

Once I finished getting ready I threw my hair into a loose ponytail and went off with Aura to class. Today was a private lesson. We have them sometimes, but only when someone is struggling.

They're probably just gonna ask me questions about how i'm doing. You know, with the whole stabbing thing.

Seeing as I was healed really easily though I don't know why they would call me into a private lesson.

I opened the door slowly and the teacher motioned for me to sit down.

"Hi Mrs. Jacobs." I said as I sat on the chair in front of her desk.

They call it private lessons but its more like a therapy session. Sometimes they do help you train though.

"Hey Taylor. How's everything going?" She asked, her eyes glued to her computer. 

"Everything's great!" I replied, trying my best to fake a smile. She looked at me and chewed her gum obnoxiously. She then nodded and typed into her computer. I couldn't make out what she was typing so I gave up.

"How are you're missions going?" She said, glaring at me. "They're mostly good except for that one time." I explained.

She started typing into her computer again. The sound was unbearably annoying. "As the team leader you do realize you are responsible for the teams actions correct?"

My thoughts raced for a second. Did she know?

"Yes ma'am." I nodded.

"So, why did you and Blake only come back to school early in the morning?" She said. It was like I was being interrogated.

I felt relieved when she asked. She doesn't know what we've been doing, that's good.

"I was in the forest last night before curfew and I lost track of time. I fell asleep and Blake was there too. He wasn't with me though. We just happened to find each other when we were finding our way out." I improvised.

I've always been good at lying. I could pass a lie detector if I needed too.

"Interesting." She said as she looked back to her computer. She started typing again and I sighed. I should be in class right now.

"You may go." She said. I got up and opened the door before she stopped me. "I don't trust you." She told me. 

I left and speed walked through the hallway.

I had to get to the class they replaced. Usually private lessons take the whole hour, but this only took 5 minutes. Why didn't they just ask after school?

Something must be going on.

I walked into math and sat down. Aura gave me a weird look and Lucas greeted me. "You said you had a private lesson?" Aura said, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"She asked me why Blake and I got back to our dorms early this morning." I answered briefly, my head still spinning.

"Wait you were with Blake last night? I mean I know he followed you after you ran off but you guys slept together? There must be something I'm missing I-"

"Aura we didn't have do anything, if that's what your asking." I whispered. She sighed and I laughed.

"I went into the woods to calm down more after he  comforted me. I fell asleep and woke up late at night. I was going to go back to the dorm when I saw him sleeping against a tree. I sat next to him and fell asleep." I said, still whispering.

Math is always fun when the teacher doesn't pay attention.

"So do you like him or-"

"Lucas shut your mouth." I said, not letting him finish. "I don't like him." I added.

"Whatever you say." He said back. He smirked playfully and I glared a him. He looked flustered and went back to his paper.

Aura rolled her eyes and we paid attention to class for a while. Man math is boring.

I wish something exciting was happening. I want to fight someone.

Yikes. Probably shouldn't say that into existence but-

My thoughts were cut off when the bell rang. An hour really goes by fast.

My next class was musical theatre. I sat down at one of the chairs and looked at my phone.

The class finished super quickly. I was on my phone the whole time and nobody seemed to care. I loved it.

"Hey loser! Where have you been." Sabrina questioned me. Her tone was high, and annoying. "Busy with team stuff. We can train again tonight." I said, trying not to make eye contact.

"Don't say it that loud!" She whisper yelled, glaring at me. I shrugged and she nodded. "8:00 tonight. Got it?" She said through her gritted teeth.

"Got it." I smiled. She scoffed and walked away. I went through the rest of my day with no complications. English was interesting though.

Blake had managed to get every single question right, and he was heavily praised. He loved the attention; I could tell.

But he really didn't want to show it. I was laughing just a little.

Once I got out of school I went back to the dorm and watched netflix. 

I binged a couple of shows and soon enough, 8:00 rolled around.

I groaned and Aura asked where I was going. "Sabrina." I said briefly.

She nodded and I left the dorm. I gradually made my way into the woods, practically dragging my feet every step I took.

"So I may have lied to you." Sabrina said.

"What?" I asked, obviously confused.

"We're gonna sneak into the school and get my student record!" She squealed. I gasped and widened my eyes.

"Why the fuck are we doing that?" I asked her. "I need to know if I have a power." She said. She sounded determined, and almost like she was an actual human being.

"Okay, but how." I asked again.

"I may have recruited a friend of yours. Well actually, two friends of yours." She smirked.