nine |keeping secrets from friends never ends well|

It was the next day, and I was laughing at the words that spewed out of Spencer's mouth, walking towards the football field to watch Derek, Aaron, and Dave practice. We were supposed to be meeting up with the girls, who had already been sitting on the bleachers studying for the upcoming Chem exam. 

"Every hydrogen atom in your body is likely 13.5 billion years old because they were created at the birth of the universe. Isn't that fascinating? Almost as much as Halloween, which is coming up soon and-"

I looked to our right, seeing a football flying directly towards us. I dropped my books on the ground and shoved Spencer out of the way to make sure he hadn't gotten hit, watching it hurtle towards me. I hurried two steps back as I jumped to grab the ball, and once I did, I grunted. It hurt catching it, whoever decided to through it threw it hard. 

I examined the field and saw everyone staring at me, even the couch, who's jaw basically dropped to the ground. Aaron took his helmet off and ran a hand through his sweaty, messy hair, staring at me in complete awe. All of them were, it was honestly a little embarrassing. 

I walked the ball over to them and handed it to Dave, who was the one who threw it in the first place. I pushed some of my hair behind my shoulder, but he was just examining me.

"How did you just...?" Derek asked, who was standing next to him. Everyone else was at a loss for words, which made me chuckle.

"I have three brothers and an abnormally aggressive sister. I know a few things about sports" I reminded, walking back over to Spencer. He handed me my books, and I thanked him, the two of us finishing our way to the bleachers. I spotted our friends and sat down next to them, and they were all silent as they watched us. As I started putting my stuff down, I glanced up, and the teams eyes were all still glued on me. I waved, and the coach snapped out of it. He blew his whistle,

"Back to work, boys!" He yelled, and Dave threw the ball again. He passed it to his teammate, and they all began going at it again. 

I turned my head to smile at all my friends, "Hey" I greeted, 

"How did you just catch that? Dave has the hardest throw on the team, remember that one time he broke someone on the other teams ribs?" JJ was mind fucked, completely in awe at the the fact that I just did that. 

I really didn't think it was that big of a deal, they were being overdramatic. "Yeah, who cares? We already knew Veronica was good at everything. But did you see the way Aaron looked at you?" Penelope changed the subject. 

"Huh?" I looked away from JJ to see Penelope, "He was looking at me?" 

"Gawking, dude. It was gross" Emily added as she wrote something in her notebook, her rings clinging together as she did so. 

I glanced back at the field, watching #09 running around with the rest of his teammates. I watched as he caught the ball, "He's a dick"

"He may be a dick, but he's hot" JJ muttered under her breath, taking a sip of her blue raspberry slushy. Emily finally looked up from her notebook, narrowing her eyes at our best friend. It took JJ a moment to notice, but when she did, she furrowed her brows, "What?"

Emily looked pissed, but tried to hide it, "Dude, ew" She tried to play it off, her eyes landing on Spencer. She jolted forward a bit to scare him, and he jumped. We all laughed at his reaction, and he scratched the back of his neck. 

"That was unnecessary" He grumbled, looking back at his notes. Garcia nudged me, 

"Are you coming to tryouts?" I shook my head,