3. Old Cars and Notes

"When we touch down in Harrisburg, JJ and Morgan, go examine the abduction site

"When we touch down in Harrisburg, JJ and Morgan, go examine the abduction site. Reid and Prentiss, I need you two to go examine the body. Rossi, Y/l/n and I will go to the station and talk to the witness. Garcia, you're coming with us to set up at the station." Hotch leans forward in his seat.

"The victim's name is Melissa Greene, correct?" You ask, glancing down at the tablet in front of you again.

"Correct. She has a husband and a sister, Victoria, that live in the area. Her husband is a lawyer—so they're upper class," Hotch explains.

"Gotcha."

You lean back in your seat, fiddling with your wedding ring absent-mindedly. It's become a nervous habit of yours—one Spencer notices. He grabs your hand, lacing his fingers through yours.

"I know you're nervous, but it'll be okay," he mumbles in your ear, giving your temple a soft kiss.

You turn toward him, sighing. "I know. What if we can't narrow down a location? What if we can't find him and he just keeps killing again?"

"Y/n," Spencer says, holding your gaze. "We will find him. I promise. Okay?"

You nod, exhaling deeply. "Okay."

The plane touches down minutes after that, each member of the team getting in their respective SUVs. You, Hotch, Rossi, and Garcia head to the station, driving up the interstate to downtown. Harrisburg is pretty big—you almost forgot Hershey Park is a few miles from it. Hotch parks the SUV outside of the station, and you all pile out of the vehicle and into the station.

"You must be the FBI agents." A tall man with a tuff of straight, red hair comes over to you all, a smile on his face. "Welcome to Harrisburg. I'm Sherriff Yates."

Hotch nods. "I'm Agent Hotchner. These are Agents Rossi and Y/l/n, and our tech analyst Penelope Garcia." Yates nods at all of us. "Garcia is going to get set up, could you show her where?"

"Of course," Yates says. He scowls. "This murder has torn up the town, especially because it's a rich lady. Everyone's scared."

You nod. "We understand. We're going to do everything we can to help you guys out and try to find this man." Your stomach turns. This man, aka your fucking father.

Yates gives an appreciative nod. "The witness, Eddie Garner, is sitting in one of the offices. He's pretty shaken up."

Rossi nods. "Perfect. Thank you."

Yates leads Garcia away and another officer leads the three of you into a small office. Eddie, a young man dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a button up, sits nervous at a table. He has a black eye.

Hotch sits in the middle, you and Rossi sitting on either side of him. Hotch gives him a sympathetic smile, folding his hands in front of him.

"Hello, I'm Agent Hotchner with the FBI. We'd like to ask you a couple questions about what you saw the night you saw Melissa get abducted if that's alright," Hotch says softly.