Chapter 82 | tis the damn season

------------------> WALBURGA WAS A PROUD BLACK

------------------> WALBURGA WAS A PROUD BLACK. Therefore, one would think by now, she would have been unfettered at the sight of mortifying things. Unfortunately, when Walburga had floo'd out of the Planetarium to the place her brother had written in his letter he was staying at, she had stumbled upon the most horrifying event she had ever had the misfortune to witness— Alphard snogging someone on the sofa in the parlour.

The deafening shriek that Walburga had released was enough for the two men to separate and fall off the sofa before jumping to their feet, faces flushed and expressions sheepish.

"Well," the unknown man began in a thick accent, rubbing the back of his neck, "that's one way to meet your sister."

Walburga was still screaming, rooted to the spot.

"Oi, stop yelling!" Alphard said, marching towards his sister and pressing a hand onto her mouth, muffling her shouts. "Honestly! You're overreacting. Shut up, I'm too young to go deaf."

Walburga did shut up.

The unknown man politely waved at her. Then, he introduced himself as Petrov Krum before making an excuse about having to check up on something.

Alphard watched him fondly while Walburga fell silent. After Petrov disappeared from view, Alphard turned to her, cocking a brow. "Well? Why are you here?"

"I didn't know you both were serious," Walburga admitted instead, wondering precisely how much she knew about her brother.

Alphard suddenly flushed, rubbing the back of his head with a hand. "It just sort of...happened, you know? He's great. I love hanging out with him. And I... I wouldn't mind hanging out with him the rest of my life."

Walburga smiled warmly. Alphard had been the most flamboyant of them, never being still and constantly jumping from one location to another, one person to the next. It seems that Petrov Krum was the perfect reason for him to finally stay.

Walburga looked around the parlour, hoping to catch more of the identity of the man who had captured her brother's heart when she spotted it. "He plays?" Walburga asked, motioning with her head to the piano.

Alphard grinned proudly. "Even won a competition." He paused to contemplate. "Why don't we go to one of the rooms and talk, Burga? That way, we'd have more privacy and fewer pianos."

Walburga rolled her eyes, catching on to his allegation. "I'm not going to throw a piano at you."

"That's what you always say shortly before you throw a piano at me."

"Well, that's partially your fault. Stop giving me reasons to throw a piano at you."

"Stop throwing pianos at me!" Alphard threw his hands in the air before pointing to the piano situated between two corners. "Especially not that one. It was Petrov's grandfather's and he's quite fond of it."