Chapter 27: Return To Her Hometown

The treatment was surprisingly good.

Although the first few subjects had adverse reactions, and some of them had died, the third—generation drug that had been tested on Vanessa was still successful in fighting cancer.

Vanessa's body was gradually improving.

She had already begun to consider discharging from the hospital, and all the data on her body had been used for experiments.

The success of the experiment, coupled with the previous contract, Vanessa received a good reward.

"I am very lucky to be able to accompany you in witnessing this great medical miracle."

Actually, Kerwin didn't have much hope, but he had truly witnessed Vanessa's survival.

This represented a new era for the medical profession, and he was a witness to history.

"Thank you, Doctor Norton." Vanessa thanked him sincerely, her face unprecedentedly relaxed.

She had long since changed a hospital uniform, and her body was weak from her serious illness. She wore a sweater over her long beige skirt. She looked gentle and elegant.

"Vanessa." There was love in Kerwin's eyes. Vanessa's cancer had been cured, and she had been reborn.

Could she accept his sincere love?Vanessa understood Kerwin's words before he could speak.

"I will repay you the money spent on treatment from the commission. Doctor Norton has helped me a lot. Please don't refuse." Kerwin's fingertips trembled slightly.

He wanted to say something else, but when his words reached his mouth, he was swallowed back. In the end, there was only a smile on his face.

"Alright." Vanessa also heaved a sigh of relief.

Doctor Norton was a smart person.

If he still couldn't understand her hint like this, their relationship would inevitably become awkward.She respected Kerwin, and thanks to his care, she was able to regain her life, but she was unwilling to be with him.

In the past, she spent all her time and energy on Oswald, and this time, Vanessa wanted to live for herself.

After a week of light rain, the clouds dissipated, revealing a bit of bright golden sunshine.

"Do you have any plans for the future?" Kerwin was a little nervous, "Return to China or continue to stay here."

"I came here to cure my illness. I have already cured my illness. Of course, I have to go home."With a happy smile on her face, Vanessa had long since missed her hometown after having wandered abroad for more than two years.

It felt like a dream.

She didn't want to stay in the unfamiliar United States, the metropolis of New York made people distracted, and Vanessa missed the bustling crowd in her hometown even more.She can use the rest of the money to open a small shop in the town.

Every day, she could watch the vigorous students go to school and finish school, or the noise of ordinary citizens' life, which would give her a sense of reality in the human world.

"I have a friend who runs a small cafe. If you're interested, you can come with me."Kerwin regretted that Vanessa did not accept his love, but knew that this kind of thing could not be forced.Since that was the case, then let things take their course.

Vanessa took the latest flight and set foot in her long—lost hometown again.

At the same time, a man squeezed into the cargo hold of the ship spat out a mouthful of saliva.

"This woman is running really fast. I'm afraid she got the news that I'm going to kill her and ran away, right?"No one responded to him.

Accompanied by Kerwin, Vanessa boarded a plane to City H and then took a bus to a small town.

The coffee shop of Kerwin's friend was located in this beautiful town.

Moreover, Vanessa abruptly returned to her country and was forbidden from going to work by Kerwin.

For a moment, Vanessa had nothing to do. Since she had promised to accompany Kerwin here, she naturally had to keep her word.

The first stop for Vanessa's return was here.

Unlike the bustling metropolis, the small town was more like a place where time had been stuck for decades.

Everyone wasn't anxious or impatient, giving off a calm feeling. Vanessa settled down here peacefully and lived a slow life.

The name of Kerwin's friend was Hermosa Hearst. She was originally an art student who has graduated. Because she couldn't find any inspiration for painting, she came here.Unexpectedly, she was attracted by the people and scenery here, so she simply opened a cafe and stayed here for three years.

And Vanessa's arrival just happened to give her the inspiration to paint, so she enthusiastically asked Vanessa to stay for a few more days.

Kerwin's hospital had an emergency thing, so he came back to work first.

The two girls got along more easily and comfortably, and a cafe that was not for profit was undoubtedly a good place to relax.

For three or two days, Vanessa had been working as a model for Hermosa.

Actually, there was no need to do anything deliberately. Vanessa only needed to hold a cup of coffee that emitted a fragrance and quietly sit by the window facing the street.

It was already an extremely beautiful painting.

After struggling for a while on the edge of death, Vanessa had a detached temperament.