Chapter 9: The Battle Of New York

2nd Person POV

You flew around Stark tower, multiple Chitauri on your tail as you circled the building, slowly getting higher and higher. As soon as you reached the top you suddenly stopped, causing all the aliens to fly straight past you, giving you the opportunity to beam them down with energy. These things are snowflakes on their own. You thought before looking over at an approaching leviathan about 800 yards away.

"That's the one I want." You said aloud, taking off towards it. The creature saw you, beginning to fly directly towards you. Come to papa. You inwardly thought with a grin. You both got closer and closer, to the point you could see the saliva in the creature's mouth. You were just a few feet away from the leviathan's open jaws when you swerved to the left, extending the claws on your right hand and dragging them through the creature's bare skin. It wasn't enough to kill it, but certainly wounded it for the moment.

You floated still for a moment, watching the leviathan lose altitude with groans of pain. If it hit the ground there was a good chance it would just cause more casualties. You slowly raised a hand to your communicator. "Say, Hulk, you don't think you could hit this bastard back up in the air, do ya?" You asked with a small smile. You got your answer as you heard a roar from near the leviathan. You flew back towards the leviathan, seeing a green blur slam into the creature, sending it flying upwards.

"Thank you." You said politely, retrieving your sword and letting your energy overtake the blade. You propelled yourself forwards, the leviathan now in a vertical position. You slammed the sword straight through the creature's head and skull. Flipping your body vertically and propelling yourself downwards, slashing through the body completely, top to bottom.

You flew down to the ground, admiring your work before your eyes started to widen. It was falling back down again. "Oh shit." You mumbled before trying to think of a plan. The leviathan flipped over onto it's top as it began falling down to earth. "Uh.. someone... help?" You said into your comms with a nervous laugh.

Suddenly lightning began hitting the creature, forcing it up and back through the portal it came from. You looked over to a building, seeing Thor stood there looking in your direction.

"You should be more careful, my friend." Thor said, making you roll your eyes. Whether he knew it was an accident or not, you despised being told to 'be careful' as it sounded belittling.

"Yeah, yeah." You said, taking off from the ground again.

"Any chance someone wants to get these guys off my ass?" Tony called out. There was a group of around 15 Chitauri chasing him through the streets. You sighed, tilting your body and taking off towards him.

"Always need help, don't you, Starker?" You rumbled, following behind the Chitauri that we're after him. They hadn't noticed you yet, which meant you had the element of surprise. You began focusing more energy to your sword, holding it to your left as you prepared to swing. "Stark, when I give the word you need to hit the brakes." You focused your eyes so you could see where he was, just ahead of the Chitauri.

"Will do." He stated, looking over his shoulder and seeing you beginning to glow. "Is that normal?"

"No clue, but I'm gonna wing it." You responded, before finally seizing the opportunity. There was a real low chance you were gonna be able to pull this off, but you wanted to show off. "Okay, hit it!" You shouted. As soon as Tony stopped, both you and the Chitauri rushed ahead. You swiped your sword horizontally, releasing a blast of energy that disintegrated each and every lizard bastard in the way.