trips

Hi! This is probably going to be the last chapter for a while. Sorry.

At eight months old, Jamie was the perfect baby. He crawled everywhere and he was becoming more vocal everyday, although he still couldn't say any real words. Much to Rose's dismay, Harry had recently started playing quidditch again with the Weasley family, and Jamie adored the sport. He would sit in the grass and watch them play for hours. Jamie also loved animals, but they didn't always love him back.

"James Sirius Potter, if you pull Tillie's tail one more time you're going to be in time out."

Jamie's hand froze right above Tillie's tale at Rose's threat. His eyes grew wide and he quickly crawled away from the cat to play with his favorite toys, which happened to be figurines of his family. Fred and George started making them after the war and they gave some to Jamie one day when they visited the store. Jamie wouldn't go anywhere without the toys, which talked and walked by themselves. Unfortunately, they couldn't bring the toys to the muggle parks, and that always caused a tantrum.

"I can't believe how big he is," Hermione sighed. Hermione had recently asked Rose to be her maid of honor, so they spent every day planning the wedding. Harry and Ron had decided to go tux shopping, so the girls were left with Jamie for the day.

"I know," Rose said. "It's crazy to think that he was in my belly this time last year."

Christmas was a week away, and Rose and Harry decided to make it the best Christmas ever. The house was fully decorated and there was already a stack of presents under the tree. Jamie was fascinated by all the bright colors and he often would stare at the presents with wonder on his face. Harry and Rose both knew that they got too many presents since Jamie wasn't even a year old, so they were going to let him keep his favorites and they would take the rest to Grimmauld Place for the home they would eventually make.

"How are things with Harry now that you have a baby?" Hermione asked as she flipped through a book of wedding dresses.

"Better than either of us thought," Rose admitted. "Everytime I see him with Jamie I fall more in love, and I didn't think that was possible."

"You guys have barely gotten to spend any time alone together," Hermione noted, a small frown on her lips as she thought of the past few months. She and Ron stopped by often to help, but Rose and Harry were always there.

"It would be nice to have a weekend to ourselves," Rose said sheepishly.

"I know that you're going to want to be with Jamie on Christmas, but what if you and Harry go on a trip after?" Hermione suggested. "Ron and I can stay in the guest room and take care of Jamie."

"I couldn't ask you to do that," Rose said immediately, though the idea sounded tempting.

"It's no problem," Hermione assured her. "We are his godparents after all."

Rose glanced between Hermione and Jamie for a moment before looking at Hermione with a wide smile.

"We'll do it," Rose decided.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"He's eating real food now, but if he refuses to eat, there's some milk in the freezer," Rose said to Ron and Hermione as she cradled Jamie to her chest. It was the day after Christmas and they were finally going on a vacation. Jamie had a wonderful first Christmas, and Rose had a wonderful birthday. Ron and Hermione were there to take Jamie so Rose and Harry could leave, but she couldn't bring herself to leave the baby. "His diapers are all in his room, and his favorite blanket is-"